Permethrin is an insecticide belonging to the pyrethroid family. It is a synthetic chemical that acts like a natural extract from the chrysanthemum flower. In addition, it belongs to the family of drugs known as pyrethrin. Permethrin works by paralyzing and killing the mites and their eggs. Permethrin-based products are increasingly deployed in public hygiene mosquito control programs. Moreover, they are used on food & feed crops, ornamental lawns, livestock & pets, clothing, and in structures & buildings.
The global permethrin market is witnessing significant growth, owing to rise in application on cotton, wheat, maize, and alfalfa crops, as it controls the growth of insects on crops without damaging crops. Moreover, permethrin is immensely utilized in tropical areas to prevent mosquito-borne disease such as dengue and malaria. In addition, regulations implemented by WHO, ICAO, and IHR over the adoption of permethrin products in aviation industry to disinfect aircrafts before departure boost the market growth. However, the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) restricts the use of permethrin, owing to its high toxicity to aquatic organisms and bees, which restrains the growth of the market.
The report segments the market on the basis of application, form, and geography. Based on application, the market is categorized into agricultural, industrial, medical, domestic, textile, and personal care. By form, it is classified into liquid, powder, ready-to-use spray, and others (paste and spray). Geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the key players in the global market include:
- Blubell Pharma
- Crop Life Science
- Kalyani Industries
- Golden Harvest Chemical
- Kangmei Chemical
- AIMCO Pesticides
- Jiangsu Lanfeng
- Sumitomo Chemical
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global permethrin market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Permethrin Market Key Segments:
- Personal Care
- Ready to use spray
- Others (Dusts and Paste)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA