Personal care includes a wide range of products, such as toothpaste, soaps, facewash, repair face cream, and others, that are used by individuals to maintain personal hygiene and improve their appearance. Personal care products are used on a daily basis by individuals, and are made from ingredients obtained from both natural and synthetic sources.
Natural ingredients for personal care includes coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax, cocoa butter, arrowroot powder, soy seeds, green tea, essential oils, and dried herbs. Parabens, synthetic colors, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS)/sodium laureth sulfate (SLES), formaldehyde, toluene, and propylene glycol are few synthetic ingredients used in personal care products.
The global personal care ingredients market is driven by increased purchasing power of consumers and change in the standard of living in emerging economies. Moreover, growth in demand for multifunctional ingredients and increase in geriatric population boost the market growth. However, stringent government regulations and rise in demand for natural ingredients restrict the market growth. Moreover, rise in healthcare awareness in emerging economies creates a major opportunity for market expansion.
The global personal care ingredients market is segmented based on ingredient, application, and region. Based on ingredient, it is divided into emollients, emulsifiers, surfactants, rheology modifiers, active ingredients, and others. Skin care, hair care, oral care, makeup, and others are various applications studied in this market. Based on region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the market are inclined towards adoption of mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships to strengthen their outreach and maintain their market position.
Some of the key players in the global market include:
- AkzoNobel N.V.
- Clariant AG
- The DOW Chemical Company
- Croda International Plc
- Evonik Industries AG
- Ashland Global Holding Inc.
- BASF SE
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- Solvay SA
- Wacker AG
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics from 2016 to 2023 to assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to the individual market revenue.
- The region-wise and country-wise personal care ingredients market conditions are comprehensively analyzed.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and the value chain analysis to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of each segment of the market is provided, to assist the prevailing market opportunities.
Personal Care Ingredients Market Key Segments:
- Rheology Modifiers
- Active Ingredients
- Skin Care
- Hair Care
- Oral Care
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA