Pet grooming is an important part of well-being and maintenance of health in animals. The basic pet grooming products include shampoos & conditioners for bathing, clippers & scissors for nail clipping and trimming, and combs and brushes for hair cleaning. Other products such as tooth paste, message oils are used for, teeth brushing, and pet massage among other services. The pet grooming products market is one of the smallest but established markets with a consistent financial growth over the past decade. The market, in terms of revenue, is expected to attain twice the current market size during the forecast period due to the growing popularity of these services worldwide and a wide range of services being specifically designed for the four legged companions.
The key drivers for the market growth are rise in concept of pet parenting and increase in disposable income of the pet owners.. Consumers are now opting for branded high quality pet food, high-end accessories, and a variety of pet grooming services for their pets. Moreover, rise in number of mobile pet grooming services, wherein the specially equipped vehicles travel to pet owners residence providing full range of services at the doorstep and eliminating the necessity to wait in long queues for pet grooming services also boost the market growth.
Geographically, North America accounts for the highest share in the global pet grooming products market. Adoption of specialized, advanced, and premium pet grooming products in the U.S. is expected to strengthen the growth of the North America pet grooming products market. Moreover, increase in disposable income and rise in popularity of pet grooming products in the emerging economies, such as China and India, are expected to upsurge the demand for pet grooming products in Asia-Pacific.
The report segments the market based on product, distribution channel, and geography. The product segment includes shampoos & conditioners, combs & brushes, clippers & scissors, and others, wherein, the shampoos & conditioners segment is expected to gain huge market share as these not only help in keeping pets clean but also help in preventing skin diseases and hair fall.
The distribution channel segment includes supermarket/hypermarket, retail stores, and online platform. The online platform of distribution channel is expected to witness an exponential growth due to the rise in penetration of internet & smart phones and the growth of the e-commerce industry. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (UK, Germany, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle-East, and Africa).
Key players profiled in the report include Beaphar (The Netherlands), Ancol Pet Products Limited (England), The Hartz Mountain Corporation (U.S.), Ferplast S.p.A. (Italy), Rolf C. Hagen, Inc. (Canada), Johnson's Veterinary Products (England), Pet Brands Ltd. (UK), PetEdge, Inc. (U.S.), Wahl Clipper Corporation (U.S.), and Rosewood Pet Products Ltd. (UK)
- This study provides an in-depth analysis of the global pet grooming products market, in terms of value, to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- A detailed impact analysis of the current trends, regional pet grooming products market, and future estimations are outlined to single out profitable areas.
- In addition, key drivers, restraints, and opportunities from 2017 to 2023 is explained to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Porters Five Forces analysis highlights the potency of suppliers & buyers in the competitive market to facilitate efficient business planning.
Pet Grooming Products Market Key Segments:
The market is segmented on the basis of product, distribution channel, and geography.
- Shampoos & Conditioners
- Combs & Brushes
- Clippers & Scissors
By Distribution Channel
- Retail Stores
- Online Platform
- North America
Key Players in the value chain
- Beaphar (The Netherlands)
- Ancol Pet Products Limited (England)
- The Hartz Mountain Corporation (U.S.)
- Ferplast S.p.A. (Italy)
- Rolf C. Hagen, Inc. (Canada)
- Johnson's Veterinary Products (England)
- Pet Brands Ltd. (UK)
- PetEdge, Inc. (U.S.)
- Wahl Clipper Corporation (U.S.)
- Rosewood Pet Products Ltd. (UK)
- Ryans Pet Supplies (U.S.)
- Just For Pets Ltd. (UK)
- Bob Martin (UK)
- Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. (U.S.)
- Groomers Delight (New Zealand)