Counterfeit medicines are manufactured by contaminating or using the wrong compounds with no active ingredient. These are drugs are illegal and pose a significant health risks. Thus, anti-counterfeiting technologies play a pivotal role in the identification of fake medicines. These technologies are highly adopted in the pharmaceutical industries to avoid substantial public health hazards. The factors that fuel the growth of the global pharmaceutical anti-counterfeiting technologies market are rise in availability of counterfeited pharmaceuticals and increase in government initiatives to spread awareness regarding fake medicines. However, lack of awareness towards anti-counterfeiting technologies in the developing economies is anticipated to restrain the market growth. Conversely, technological advancements in pharmaceutical anti-counterfeiting technologies are anticipated to offer lucrative opportunities for the expansion of the market.
The market is segmented on the basis of product, technology, and region. Based on product, the market is categorized into barcodes, radiofrequency identification (RFID), holograms/OVD, taggants, and others. By technology, it is classified into authentication technology and track & trace technology. Regionally, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in the market are 3M Company, Alien Technology, Alpvision, Angstrom Technologies, ThermoFisher Scientific, Authentix, Inc., Avery Dennison Corporation, Colorcon, Covectra, and Everest Holovisions Ltd.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global pharmaceutical anti-counterfeiting technologies market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
- Extensive analysis of the market by product assists to understand various forms of anti-counterfeiting technologies available.
Pharmaceutical Anti-counterfeiting Technologies Market Key Segments:
- Radiofrequency Identification (RFID)
By Technology Type
- Authentication Technology
- Track & Trace Technology
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA