Pharmaceutical glycerine is an organic compound known as glycerol and glycerin, and is majorly used as an excipient in the pharmaceutical industry. Glycerine exhibits various benefits in medical and pharmaceutical preparations such as improving smoothness, lubrication, and humectant. It is most commonly utilized in formulation of suppositories, cough syrups, elixirs, and expectorants.
The rise in application of glycerine in treatment of increased eye pressure conditions such as glaucoma and during eye surgery fuels the market growth. Furthermore, increase in use of glycerine as a substitute for alcohol in herbal and botanical tincture preparation is anticipated to drive the market. In addition, increase in adoption of glycerine in pharmaceutical industry owing to its low cost and various medical benefits such as moisturizer in skin burns & minor skin irritations and in treatment of constipation. Moreover, it also exerts osmotic diuretic properties that support in the management of cerebral edema, reduce cerebrospinal pressure, and intraocular pressure. However, the adverse effects of pharmaceutical glycerine, such as diarrhoea, polyuria, nausea, dry mouth, and others hinder the market growth. Ongoing R&D activities related to pharmaceutical glycerine are anticipated to present new opportunities for the market.
The market is segmented on the basis of application, route of administration, and region. Based on application, the market is divided into excipient and drug. Based on route of administration, it is categorized into oral, rectal, intravenous, ophthalmic, and topical. Based on region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitate to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Pharmaceutical Glycerine Market Segments:
- Fillers & Plasticizer
- Solubilizer & Emulsifier
- Diluent & Base
- Skin Care
- Osmotic Diuretic
By Route of Administration
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- Aemetis, Inc.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Croda International plc
- Emery Oleochemicals Group
- Godrej Group
- Kao Corporation
- Kuala Lumpur Kepong Berhad
- Procter & Gamble Co.
- Sakamoto Yakuhin Kogyo Co., Ltd
- The Dow Chemical Company