Pellets are free flowing units, which are filled in capsules and formed by agglomeration technique. In agglomeration techniques, fine powder is taken, which is transformed into fine granules. These pellets offer several advantages such as multiple drug delivery in a single dose, masks taste of anxious drugs and thus improve patient compliance for drug administration over other dosage forms.
In addition, pharmaceutical pellets have varied application in pharmaceutical industries such as they improve aesthetic appearance of drugs and compatible for chemically incompatible drugs.
Factors such as rise in life threatening diseases (such as coronary artery diseases, hypertension, stroke, and high cholesterol) and prevalence of chronic diseases (cancers, respiratory diseases, systemic diseases, and kidney diseases) drive the market growth. In addition, increase in healthcare infrastructure and increased patient acceptance of drugs has improved due to innovation of pharmaceutical pellets fuel the growth of the pharmaceutical pellets market.
However, high manufacturing cost and dearth of skilled professionals restrain the market. Increase in R&D in the field of pharmaceutical industry is anticipated to create new opportunities during the forecast period.
The pharmaceutical pellets market is segmented on the basis of technology, mechanism of action, and geography. By technology, it is categorized into extrusion, fluid bed granulation, dry powder layering, solution & suspension layering, spray congealing, and spray drying. By mechanism of action, the market is classified into diffusion, erosion, and osmosis. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the pharmaceutical pellets market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis to assist the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to determine various products available in the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to predict the competitive market outlook.
Pharmaceutical Pellets Market Key Segments:
- Fluid Bed Granulation
- Dry Powder Layering
- Solution & Suspension Layering
- Spray Congealing
- Spray Drying
By Mechanism of Action
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- Thexa Pharma (P) Limited
- Rainbow Health Care Products
- Pharmaceuticals Private Limited
- U.K. Vet Chem.
- Nami Pharma.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Avanscure Lifesciences Private Limited
- Lograns Pharma Private Limited
- Concord Drugs Limited