Unit dose packaging, often known as regulatory packaging or compliance packaging, is a method of distributing single-dose medicines in nonreusable, barcoded containers. It keeps a set amount of medication in single-use containers to guarantee that the patient gets the right dose when he or she needs it. Both solid and liquid drugs are commonly utilized in clinics and hospitals. Owing to constant packaging industry innovation, single-dose packaging was created to assist patients with safe and effective medicine dispensation.
As there was no risk of the prescription being refilled, this kind of packaging was deemed to be the safest, and it lowered the amount of misdoes. Owing to these advantages coupled with improvement in lifestyle and increase in dominance of current style culture, this product now has a wider range of applications
COVID-19 Impact analysis
Multi-dose packaging must ensure fewer "touchpoints" for the processing of a patient's prescriptions during the COVID-19 outbreak, while avoiding the uncertainty that occurs with self-medicating. In addition to the regular illnesses' precautions and treatments, the need for pharmaceutical unit dose packaging is forecast to rise with the global roll-out of COVID-19 treatment programs. Over the COVID-19 era, the demand for pharmaceuticals and medical items has increased, leading in an increase in blister packaging demand.
New hospitals and COVID-19 centers are springing up all around the world as the number of COVID-19 patients rises, increasing the demand for medical treatment. Unit dosage packaging helps existing and post-COVID healthcare delivery operations by minimizing the risk of handling and pouring liquid doses from the same bottle. Furthermore, a surge in demand for unit dose packing in vials has occurred from the increased demand for the COVID-19 vaccine, as well as the government's large number of immunizations programs.
Top Impacting Factors
- The market will grow due to rise in healthcare expenditure and the pharmaceutical industry in emerging economies.
- The growth of the primary packaging segment will be driven by advancements in biotechnology, which will result in the introduction of new injectable parenteral therapies, as well as increased demand for high visibility unit dosage packaging for diseases such as diabetes, which will create lucrative growth opportunities for the market.
- Surge in demand for blister packaging and consumer preference for blister packaging is expected to fuel the market growth during the forecast period.
- Rise in number of working singles as well as increase in popularity of the nuclear family model are driving the development in personal care and food packaging, which is propelling the pharmaceutical unit dose packaging market growth.
- The market's expansion is being hampered by rise in overall packaging costs as a result of changing regulations and laws.
New product launches to flourish the market
In May 2021, Gerresheimer introduced a new platform for on body infusion pump “SensAIR” that can deliver drugs of high viscosity. It is easy to use and helps in self determination of medication.
In February 2020, Berry Global introduced new oval tube, extruded, formed, and decorated at facility in the U.S. These oval tubes are suitable for variety of products other than healthcare such as beauty and personal care or homecare.
In April 2019, Amcor launched a new product named AmLite Ultra Recyclable. This revolutionary product is expected to provide the advantage of a reduced carbon footprint. It is available in various forms such as pillow pouches, stick packs, and bags. The product is certified for recyclability by cyclos-HTP Institute.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the pharmaceutical unit dose packaging along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the pharmaceutical unit dose packaging market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Pharmaceutical Unit Dose Packaging Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the pharmaceutical unit dose packaging market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "pharmaceutical unit dose packaging"?
- What is "pharmaceutical unit dose packaging" market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "pharmaceutical unit dose packaging" market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "pharmaceutical unit dose packaging" market report?
Pharmaceutical Unit Dose Packaging Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
AbbVie Inc., Amcor Plc., UDG Healthcare Plc, Johnson & Johnson, Comar LLC, Pfizer Inc, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Gerresheimer AG, Merck & Co. Inc., Berry Global, Inc.