Lipids are eclectic group of organic compounds which generally present in microorganisms, animals, as well as plants. They incorporate waxes, fats, sterols, and fat-soluble nutrients which are natural molecules. They have most of their use as drug excipients for the creation of a drug. They have short toxicity and can accomplish a huge combination of action that leads to better drug delivery, indirectly strengthening the market growth. Pharmaceutical lipids are well used for cell configuration and fatty acid reference which is driving the market of pharmaceutical lipids in the coming days.
Lipids include waxes, fats, sterols, and fat-soluble vitamins which are used as excipients in the production of the drug, driving the growth of the pharmaceutical lipid market globally.
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Pharmaceuticals Lipids Market (Pre and Post Analysis)
- The COVID-19 has led to a rise in the competition for pharmaceutical lipids with other medications. This is because researchers and healthcare workers are searching for ways to tackle the infection of COVID-19. Moderna Inc has announced its agreement with CordenPharma to preserve huge quantities of lipids for its use in experimenting with the COVID-19 vaccine in 2020. It also stated that if the vaccine is found to be effective it would supply one million doses every month and 10 million doses in 2021.
- According to the researchers at Hebrew University in Israel, fenofibrate, an existing cholesterol medication is capable to reduce the severity posed by COVID-19 to the common cold.
- The consequences of lockdown and government-enforced restrictions as a result of the coronavirus have been felt heavily by businesses across all industries. Both the private healthcare sector and health businesses, which rely on close physical contact with their clients, have been significantly affected.
- Many small hospitals, clinics, and nursing homes have been forced to shut their operations. Social distancing and localized curfews have resulted in delayed procedures. In addition, visa cancellations have led to a hiatus in medical tourism and can negatively impact the healthcare services market growth.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The increase in the prevalence of the diseases such as cancer, neurological and cardiac is likely to gain attraction and is anticipated as the driving factor for the global pharmaceutical lipid market in the period forecast. Demand for new drugs that can act rapidly and have an efficient drug delivery mechanism is likely to prosper the market in the upcoming days
Additionally, advanced technology in drug delivery by the practice of drug formularies is the upcoming factor for the growth of the global pharmaceutical lipids market. From the lipid-based formulation, the absorption of drug primarily relies on the rate of dispersion, particle magnitude, degree of emulsification, and other factors that are to drive the growth of the market of pharmaceutical lipids.
As per the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS), approximately 40% of marketed drugs and 90% of pipeline drugs have low water solubility. Based on this assumption, lipid-based formulations and drugs are becoming more common in vaccines, diagnostics, nutraceuticals, and pharmaceuticals. This is anticipated to be a major growth driver.
Asia-Pacific is likely to drive the market due to rising awareness among the people and health concerns. Mergers and acquisitions, new product launches are considered the most favorable strategies in the global pharmaceutical lipids market. The local availability of oils and fats, physical environment, level of education, food habits are some of the factors that affect the consumption of fats.
For example, in Bangladesh the consumption of fats in rural areas is less than in urban areas, looking to the rapid urbanization and the lifestyle changes, this region has accounted for rapid growth.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global pharmaceuticals lipids market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global pharmaceuticals lipids market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global pharmaceuticals lipids market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global pharmaceuticals lipids market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
- Questions Answered in the Pharmaceuticals Lipids Market Research Report
- What are the leading market players active in the pharmaceuticals lipids market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Pharmaceuticals Lipids Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Cayman Chemical, VAV Life Sciences Merck, Esperion Therapeutics., Sancilio & Company, Avanti Polar Lipids, CordenPharma International, Cerbios-Pharma