Phenoxyethanol is a colorless, transparent, and greasy liquid found in cosmetics like sunscreen and skin creams. The reaction of ethylene oxide and phenol at high pressure and temperature produces phenoxyethanol. It has a moderate evaporation rate and has an intermediate water solubility. Phenoxyethanol is a bactericide that is used in conjunction with ammonium compounds as a less hazardous alternative to sodium azide. Additionally, phenoxyethanol does not react with lead or copper. It is employed as a preservative in a variety of items, including vaccinations, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals. Cosmetics and personal care items require phenoxyethanol to extend their shelf life. It can also be used as an alternative to formaldehyde-releasing preservatives, which can be dangerous. Phenoxyethanol is employed as bactericides, preservatives, fungicides, germicides, insect repellents, and as an anesthetic agent in biological active agents. Paints and coatings employ phenoxyethanol to improve fluidity, intensity, gloss, and lower film formation temperature. Furthermore, it is employed as a fixative in perfumes, as well as a solvent for inks, resins, dyes, medicines, and other chemicals.
Covid-19 impact analysis
- The impact of the covid-19 has negatively affected the phenoxythenol market as the industries were forced to shut down due implementation of lockdown in various places. The demand of the product was drastically decreased as the production was compromised due to safety norms.
- The migration of labors had a huge impact on the market. There was scarcity of labors in several industries due to which the production level was compromised.
- The global supply chain of phenoxythenol market was disturbed as there were restrictions on movement. Only essential products were allowed for transport. The movement of this product was compromised to a quantity as whole world was suffering from the pandemic.
Top impacting factors
The cosmetics industry's continuing expansion and growth is predicted to boost phenoxyethanol market. In growing economies of Asia Pacific and LAMEA, rising standards of living, rapid urbanization, and rising per capita income are predicted to stimulate spending on cosmetics and personal care products. Phenoxyethanol is widely used because it is less toxic and has a broad spectrum of antibacterial activity. The FDA has issued permission to be used in the cosmetics business. Conversely, the availability of substitutes and government regulations may limit the market's expansion. Regulatory issues and customer perception are predicted to impact the future of preservatives in the cosmetics sector. The benefits of phenoxyethanol in home care, personal care, and cosmetics products are likely to boost demand for the chemical, resulting in market growth in the coming years.
New product launched
- A major factor expected to drive growth of the global phenoxyethanol market is the constant increase in demand for cosmetics, as well as the need to protect cosmetics from bacterial growth and extend their shelf life in products such as lips and eye make-up, water-based skin lotions, perfumes and deodorants, and nail polish removers. Furthermore, rising usage of phenoxyethanol by different industrial verticals such as pharmaceuticals, paints & coatings, soap, healthcare, and others is likely to fuel market expansion.
- Over the forecast period, however, product innovation with the addition of natural alternatives is projected to provide new chances for market players competing in the global phenoxyethanol market.
- Government rules governing the usage of phenoxyethanol are projected to stifle the worldwide phenoxyethanol market's expansion. Furthermore, phenoxyethanol is a possible allergy, and excessive exposure to it can cause vomiting and diarrhea, resulting in lower adoption of associated cosmetics, daily care items, and other items, posing a challenge to the market's growth.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the phenoxyethanol industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the phenoxyethanoL market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the phenoxyethanol market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed phenoxyethanol market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the phenoxyethanol Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the phenoxyethanol market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- Upcoming Report specific
- What is "phenoxyethanol"?
- What does "phenoxyethanol" allow organizations to achieve?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "phenoxyethanol" Market?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
Phenoxyethanol Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Triveni Interchem Private Limited, E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Dow Chemical Company, Eastman Chemical Company, N V Organics Pvt. Ltd, Yingkou Tanyun Chemical Research Institute Corporation, BASF SE, Hangzhou Uniwise International Co., Ltd., Liaoning Kelong Fine Chemical Co., Ltd, Zhejiang Weishi Biotechnology Co., Ltd.