Phenylphenol, or o-phenylphenol, is an organic compound. In terms of structure, it is one of the monohydroxylated isomers of biphenyl.  It is a white solid. It is a biocide used as a preservative with E number E231 and under the trade names Dowicide, Torsite, Fungal, Preventol, Nipacide and many others. The primary use of 2-phenylphenol is as an agricultural fungicide. It is generally applied post-harvest. It is a fungicide used for waxing citrus fruits. It is no longer a permitted food additive in the European Union but is still allowed as a post-harvest treatment in 4 EU countries. It is also used for disinfection of seed boxes. It is a general surface disinfectant, used in households, hospitals, nursing homes, farms, laundries, barber shops, and food processing plants. It can be used on fibers and other materials. It is used to disinfect hospital and veterinary equipment. Other uses are in rubber industry and as a laboratory reagent. It is also used in the manufacture of other fungicides, dye stuffs, resins and rubber chemicals.
Covid-19 Impact Analysis
- The coronavirus's unfavorable global effects are already evident, and they will have a big impact on the phenylphenol market in 2020.
- The World Health Organization has declared a public health emergency after the COVID-19 virus outbreak in December 2019. The disease has spread to over 100 nations and resulted in massive deaths all across the world. Exports & Imports, global manufacturing, tourism, and financial sectors have all been heavily damaged.
- The downward pressure on the global economy, which had previously shown signs of improvement, has escalated once more. The outbreak of the virus has added danger factors to the international economy's already sluggish development. Many international groups have stated that the global economy is experiencing its most difficult moment since the financial crisis.
- The lockdown has resulted in hampering the imports and exports of various goods. Also, the uncertainty created in the market in the consumers’ buying pattern has resulted in hampering of the phenylphenol market.
Top Impacting Factors
Rapid economic development around the world has majorly contributed to construction activities in the residential and commercial domains. Since phenolic resins are used in the production of plywood, laminated beams and flooring panels, this has boosted the market growth. Phenylphenol find applications in the manufacturing of thermosetting plastics which are further utilized in the production of electrical components such as electron tubes, insulators and sockets. Apart from this, paper phenolics are employed for manufacturing household laminates and paper composite panels; and glass phenolics are used in the high-speed bearing market. Over the past decade, improvements have been made in phenol production technology. New catalysts and processes have been commercialized for manufacturing cumene via alkylation of benzene with propylene. Recent process design innovations have further been used for the cumene hydroperoxide route that remains the preferred method for its manufacturing. These efforts have been directed at enhancing yield and improving process costs and safety for the preparation of phenylphenol in order to meet the growing global demand.
- The phenylphenol market is likely to gain momentum in the near future due to its commercial viability and varied range of applications.
- Latest technological research and development programs related to phenol manufacturing has minimized the processing cost and improved the quality and yield of products. These factors are anticipated to propel the consumption of phenol during the forecast period. Increase in construction activities as a result of rapid economic growth has boosted the consumption of phenolic resins in manufacturing of laminated beams, flooring panels, and plywood. This factor is likely to propel the global phenylphenol market.
- Increased usage in construction and chemical industries is a key driver for the market.
- Phenylphenol is widely utilized as a precursor in various chemical preparations. It is projected to witness a substantial demand as a raw material for epoxy resins manufacturing during the forecast period. Phenylphenol is widely utilized as a precursor in various chemical preparations. It is projected to witness a substantial demand as a raw material for epoxy resins manufacturing during the forecast period.
- Increased usage in Asia-Pacific countries is allowing for the market expansion.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold the largest share of the global phenylphenol market during the forecast period due to increase in consumption and production of phenol in China. However, rapidly expanding economies such as India, Indonesia, and Malaysia are also offering lucrative opportunities for the market. Growing investments in automotive, chemical, and construction industries due to increased purchasing power are driving the global phenol market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the phenylphenol market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the phenylphenol market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight phenylphenol market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed phenylphenol market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Phenylphenol Market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Phenylphenol Market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is “Phenylphenol Market “?
- What does " Phenylphenol Market " allow organizations to achieve?
- Which technologies combine to make “Phenylphenol Market “a critical organizational asset?
- What is " Phenylphenol Market” Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the “Phenylphenol Market” market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the " Phenylphenol Market” Market?
- What are the key benefits of the “Phenylphenol Market “Market report?
- What will be the anticipated growth rates for your own Phenylphenol Market economy altogether and for every segment inside?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
Phenylphenol Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Formosa Plastics Corporation, Akzo Nobel, Clariant, Ashland, BASF, Aditya Birla Group, Dow Chemical, Titanox-Kunststoff GmbH, Huntsman, Solvay