Photocatalytic coating is a coating that contains photocatalysts as ingredients. Photocatalytic coating is very similar to photosynthesis where light energy is transformed into chemical energy. It is an interesting development for architectural textiles. These coatings are advantageous in maintenance of buildings, skyscrapers, as they reduce the need for costly surface cleaning. These coatings are transparent and designed for a wide variety of surfaces. The key benefits of photocatalytic coatings are self-cleaning, maintenance saving, and air purifying. In addition, it is safe, reliable, long lasting, and meets sustainability targets.
The factors such as increased use in building construction and reduction of environmental contamination are expected to contribute towards the growth of the global photocatalytic coatings market. However, the inefficient exploitation of visible light and low adsorption capacity for hydrophobic contaminants are likely to hamper the market growth. Moreover, rise in R&D in increasing photocatalytic coatings efficiency of TiO2 is anticipated to provide lucrative opportunities for the growth of the photocatalytic coatings market globally.
The Photocatalytic Coating Market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and region. Based on the type, the global photocatalytic coatings market is divided into <10 nm, 10-20 nm, 20-30 nm, and >30 nm. On the basis of application, it is classified into residential, commercial, educational installations, and others. Region wise, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the global photocatalytic coatings market include Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, KoN Corporation, PPG Industries, Inc., Photocatalytic Coatings Ltd., Alpha Coatings, KRONOS Worldwide, Inc., Saint-Gobain, PURETi Group, LLC, Sto SE & Co. KGaA, and Eco Active Solutions. These major companies are adopting a number of strategies such as product launch, R&D, merger, and acquisition to maintain pace in the market. For an instance, PURETi group had launched a product called PURETi Coat which is a cost-effective solution to reduce facilities maintenance problems. A single spray application on a cementitious surface uses the energy from natural sunlight to break down organic dirt integrated on the surface.
Key Benefits for Photocatalytic Coating Market:
- This report provides a detailed quantitative analysis of the current Photocatalytic Coating Market trends and estimations which assists to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- An in-depth Photocatalytic Coating Market analysis of various regions is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders formulate region-specific plans.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the Photocatalytic Coating Market is provided.
- Region-wise and country-wise market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in this report.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future market potential in terms of value.
- An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that are expected to allow companies to strategically plan their business moves.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help to understand the competitive outlook of the global Photocatalytic Coating Market.
Photocatalytic Coating Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Sto SE & Co. KGaA, Eco Active Solutions, Photocatalytic Coatings Ltd, Alpha Coatings, Saint-Gobain, KRONOS Worldwide, Inc., Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, PURETi Group, LLC, KoN Corporation, PPG Industries, Inc.