Phototherapy apparatus is a medical device that uses light sources to treat various skin diseases such as acne and psoriasis. As per the 2016 report published by World Health Organization, the prevalence of psoriasis in countries varies between 0.09% and 11.4%. In most developed countries, the prevalence is between 1.5 and 5%. The increasing prevalence of these diseases globally creates a need for the phototherapy apparatus.
The market is mainly driven by factors such as the increasing prevalence of skin diseases, continuous technological advancements in the area of phototherapy, and increasing adoption of LED-based phototherapy apparatus. However, the growth of the market is limited by the availability & high adoption of alternative treatment modes available and the stringent regulatory framework for the approval of the new phototherapy apparatus devices.
The report segments the phototherapy apparatus market on the basis of type, disease type, product, application, and geography. Based on type the market is segmented into blue light phototherapy, red light phototherapy, intense pulsed light (IPL) phototherapy, narrowband UVB phototherapy, and psoralens+ultravioletlight a (PUVA) phototherapy. Based on disease type, the market is categorized into psoriasis and acne. On the basis of product, the market is segmented into CFL phototherapy apparatus, LED phototherapy apparatus, and others. By application, the market is categorized into hospitals, clinics, and home care settings. The geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments have been included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as GE Healthcare, Koninklijke Philips N.V, Natus Medical Incorporated, Phoenix Medical Systems Pvt. Ltd., Herbert Waldmann GmbH & Co. Kg, Atom Medical Corporation, Nice Neotech Medical Systems Pvt. Ltd., The Daavlin Company, National Biological Corporation, and Solarc Systems have been provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global phototherapy apparatus market.
- In-depth analysis has been carried out in this report by constructing market estimations for key market segments between 2017 and 2023.
- This study that evaluates the competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- This report entails a detailed quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations for 2017 to 2023, which helps identify prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global phototherapy apparatus market has been provided.
- Exhaustive analysis of the global phototherapy apparatus market by product helps understand the types of phototherapy apparatus commercially available to treat various skin diseases.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments is provided with key market dynamic factors that help understand the behavior of the market
- Key market players have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the market
Phototherapy Apparatus Market Key Segments:
By Phototherapy Type
- Blue Light Phototherapy
- Red Light Phototherapy
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Phototherapy
- Narrowband UVB Phototherapy
- Psoralens+Ultravioletlight A (PUVA) Phototherapy
By Disease Type
- CFL Phototherapy Apparatus
- LED Phototherapy Apparatus
- Home Care Settings
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA