Photovoltaic is method of generating electricity from solar energy using semiconductors that produce photovoltaic effect. Photovoltaic market has showed leading growth in European countries. Around 74% of world’s new PV installation was done in Europe in 2011 PV market covers approximately 2.4% of electricity demand and approximately 5.1% of electricity demand in Europe. Photovoltaic market is strongly driven by decrease in PV technology cost and increase in electricity price. This driving force provides benefits to developing countries such as India, China, and Japan.
Change in climatic factors influence the growth of PV market. PV installation rate in Europe is decreased to 55% in 2012 from 74% in 2011.
The global PV market is becoming more diversified. China, America, Japan are emerging markets and continue to grow in future. The major market share for photovoltaic comes from utility sector. Mergers & acquisitions and expansion into new and emerging markets will bring success for the photovoltaic markets to increase sales.
Key companies included in this market are STR holdings, Inc., Hangzhou first PV, Material co.ltd, Solutia, Bridgestone Dow corning, DuPont, Mitsubishi Plastics Inc., Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd, Renewsys , Sanvic Inc. , Evasa , First Solar Gmbh.
- The estimation is made according to the current market trends for the period of 2013 to 2020 along with historic revenues of 2011 and 2012
- The report provides micro level analysis based on market segments such as type of materials, applications, types of components and geography.
- The report provides assistance in making strategic decisions for business growth and expansion through value chain analysis, and Porter’s five forces model
- Assessment and ranking the factors that favor the market growth and those factors which act as a Competitive landscape and competitor strategy analysis would help in better planning and execution of business strategies
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Polyvinyl butyral
- Ethylene vinyl acetate
- Poly dimethyl siloxane
- Thermoplastic polyurethane
- Consumer electronics & telecommunications
- Building integrated PV cell applications
- Grid connected power supply applications
- Military & space applications
- Thin film PV market
- Concentrated PV market
- Solar PV market
- North America
- Manufacturers of Defense equipments
- Manufacturers of laptops, mobile, cameras and other electronic gadgets.
- Automotives manufacturing companies
- Electronics goods manufacturing companies