Phytoestrogen compounds are naturally occurring compounds in plants and are predominantly found in leafy vegetables and fruits. Though phytoestrogens are found in plants, they function like animal hormones in humans. Phytoestrogens find wide applications in hormone replacement therapy and supplements. Additionally, phystoestrogen is a potent medication against hot flashes that occur during perimenopause and osteoporosis prevention in women. One major class of phytoestrogen are lignans. These are composed of thick cell walls and found in food items such as berries, grains, nuts, and fruits. Furthermore, berries consist of isoflavones, which are phenolic compounds. Two of the most clinically researched isoflavones are daidzein and genistein. These are found in abundant quantities in soy protein. However, phytoestrogen supplements come with a flex of side effects such as stomach upset, bloating, and gas. Additionally, soy isoflavones may lead to soy allergy. Phytoestrogen supplements are usually sold in tablet form and sold at pharmacy stores. They can be administered as per recommended dosage given by doctors, which usually fluctuates from 50mgs to up to 100mgs.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the global phytoestrogen supplements market.
Top Impacting Factors
Rising incidents of chronic diseases around the globe owing to lack of nutritional and well-balanced body metabolism and growing demand for design and development of new age therapeutic supplements in pharmaceutical industry are expected to drive market growth for phytoestrogen supplements.
Additionally, rising geriatric population, rising healthcare costs, and higher investments in research and development of new age therapeutics are likely to drive more market growth in regions with higher economic parity such as North America and Europe.
Increasing awareness on food innovations with focus being laid upon commoditization of healthy, nutritious food products, add on dietary supplements may boost the market growth of phytoestrogen supplements.
Growing awareness on women health, including menstrual complications, pregnancy-related complications especially in emerging nations such as China and India with higher women population is bound to trigger sentiments on development of nutraceutical products. Thus, it is expected to drive the market growth for phytoestrogen supplements.
However, risks associated with consumption especially gastrointestinal complications coupled with inefficient government support lend to the supplement industry in undeveloped economies may hamper global phytoestrogen supplements market penetration.
Key Market Trends
- North America is anticipated to witness huge gains owing to rising chronic disease cases coupled with rise in private and public sector investments in development of nutraceutical industry.
- Recent advancements made through research conducted at Guangzhou University has brought into light use of phytoestrogen supplements as anti-ageing medications.
- Another recent study in Canada confirmed use of phytoestrogen supplements as potential replacement of traditional estrogen replacement therapy.
- Asia-Pacific is likely to witness huge gains with respect to phytoestrogen market, owing to rising female geriatric population in the region coupled with growing awareness on female health, menstrual complications, and robust government intervention through women friendly schemes and NGO tie ups.
- However, Africa and Middle East are expected to witness slow growth, owing to absence of efficient healthcare facilities.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the phytoestrogen supplements industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the phytoestrogen supplements market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the phytoestrogen supplements market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the phytoestrogen supplements market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Phytoestrogen Supplements Report
- Which are the leading players active in the phytoestrogen supplements market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow during the forecast period?
- What are the adoption trends for the phytoestrogen supplements market in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the phytoestrogen supplements market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What are the impacts of COVID-19 in the industry?
- What is phytoestrogen supplements?
- What is the phytoestrogen supplements market prediction in the future?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
Phytoestrogen Supplements Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Naturesplus, Tradichem S.L, Nutra Green Biotechnology Co., Ltd., Archer Daniels Midland, Doterra, Medisys Biotech Pvt. Ltd., Frutarom Ltd., Fujicco Co., Ltd., Helios, Vitacost, Solaray, Guzen Development, Aushadhi Herbal, Bioland, Nutritionexpress