Pipe relining is a process which is opted for the restoration of damaged inner and outer pipe systems. This process helps in restoration without any further damage and protects the pipes from leakage, corrosion, debris buildup and root intrusion. It is considered as most effective and novel process for the restoration. Pipe relining machines are segmented by solution type and end users. Solution types provided by pipe relining machines are cured-in-place, pull-in-place, pipe bursting and internal pipe coating. Cured- in-place relining is done for short period of time. It is used for rehabilitating storm sewer, water mains and other pressure pipes. Pull-in-place relining involves use of pipe liner with epoxy resin. For installation, pipeliner is threaded to main pipe and inflated till the sides of liner are fully expanded against the main pipe wall. Pipe relining machine is used for pipe bursting as well, where a tool is forced into a pipe which needs to be repaired. Tool enforced helps in opening of pipe and further process. In addition, internal coating of pipe can also done with the help of pipe relining machines. Oil and gas industry, chemical industry, water treatment industry and construction industry are the end users of pipe relining machines, where pipe system are the vital element and failure of it can lead to downtime or shutdown.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut down the production of various products in the pipe relining machine industry attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has hampered the growth of pipe relining machines market in 2020 and, is likely to revive in 2021.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of pipe relining machines in the second and third quarter of 2020 and is reviving in 2021.
- The major demand for pipe relining machines was previously noticed from countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, and India, which are negatively affected by the spread of the corona virus, thereby declining the demand for pipe relining machines.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Pipe relining machines manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Pipe relining machines manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in demand from oil & gas industry, water treatment industry and municipal corporations is creating opportunity for the growth of pipe relining machine market. Demand for effective pipe system is a key driver factor of the market growth. Effective drainage system and water supply is must in the effective construction of residential, commercial, and official buildings. In addition, due to shortage of drinking water, water treatment plants are established by governments. This is expected to be opportunistic for the market growth
- Top players are collaborating and expanding their business with other vendors such as United Special Technical Services of Aegion Corporation of Oman has given contract to local vendors of oil and gas pipeline in Saudi Arabia in September 2019.
- In September 2019, Roto- Rooter planned to acquire HSW RR Inc. for the operations and drain supply to set its foothold in the market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the pipe relining machines market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the pipe relining machines market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the pipe relining machines market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed pipe relining machines market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Pipe Relining Machine Market Report Highlights
By Solution Type
By End Users
Key Market Players
RPB, Inland Pipe Rehabilitation (IPR), Aegion Corporation, Roto-Rooter Group, SPT Pipe, Pipe Restoration Solutions, Advanced Trenchless, SilverLining Holding, Perma-Liner Industries, NU FLOW CORPORATE