Pipelayers are used to create essential piping system at the groundwork phase of construction. These are used for sanitary sewers, drainage, storm sewers and waste water outlets. Major function of pipelayers is rollover protection structure, dash monitoring system, volt converters, and fingertip controls. Product link is the novel technology used for enhancing the overall efficiency, fuel saving, and avoidance of wear and tear of pipelayers. General and multifunctional are different types of pipelayers available in the market. Pipelayers are selected based on the weight and size of pipes because these factors can affect the efficiency of pipelayers. Multiple pipelayers are needed in order to hold a large section of pipes. Its end users are oil and gas industry, chemical industry, infrastructure and construction industry. Among the end users, oil and gas industry and chemical industry are the major consumer due to high dependency on effective piping system.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the pipelayer industry attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has hampered the growth of pipelayer market in 2020 and, is likely to revive in 2021.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of pipelayer in the second and third quarter of 2020 and is reviving in 2021.
- The major demand for pipelayer was previously noticed from countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, and India, which are negatively affected by the spread of the corona virus, thereby declining the demand for pipelayer.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Pipelayer manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Pipelayer manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in investment in infrastructure and oil & gas industry is the key driver that boosts the growth of the pipelayers market. Rapid urbanization increases construction activities for residential and commercial buildings. Smart city projects initiated by governments are expected to foster the market growth. Rise in demand for natural gas for various uses is another driving factor for the market growth. Lack of standardization, which may lead to defect in working system such as leaks, which may result in entire system failure limits the growth of the market.
- High shale gas production activities in North America boosts the business of pipelayers in the region.
- Rise in oil & gas industry in Asia-Pacific and Europe has contributed a major part in the growth of the pipelayer market.
- Research and innovations are consistently being done by company to enhance the efficiency of pipelayers. In March 2019, Komatsu introduced a new pipelayer named D155CX-8 which has improved the stability of pipelayer in adverse conditions.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the pipelayer market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the pipelayer market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the pipelayer market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed pipelayer market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Pipelayer Market Report Highlights
By End Users
Key Market Players
SANY Group, John Deere, Komatsu Construction, Euro Pipeline Equipment, Volvo Group, SCAIP, Midwestern Manufacturing and Pipe Line Products, Inter-Drain, Caterpillar Inc., Liebherr Group, Herrenknecht AG