Placenta is the vascular organ in most mammals that connects the fetus to the uterus of the mother. It mediates the metabolic exchanges of the developing individual through an intimate association of embryonic tissues and of specific uterine tissues, which serve the functions of respiration, nutrition, and excretion. Placentas are also used as a source of extracts for ingredients in various consumer products such as cosmetics, hair care products, health tonics, pharmaceuticals, and other products.
The advantages associated with placenta augment the market growth. A surge in the demand for anti-aging and skin rejuvenating treatments are the key factors that propel the placenta market. However, ethical issues and stringent regulations towards the use of placenta impede the growth of the market.
The global placenta market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and geography. Based on type, it is bifurcated into porcine, equine, ovine, and others. On the basis of application, the market is divided into pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, supplements, and others. By geography, it has been analysed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as
Japan Bio Products Co., Ltd., CJT, BIOON, Japan Natural Laboratories Co., Ltd, Brooklyn Placenta Services, LLC, MiMedx Group, Inc., Atlanta Placenta, and telaGen have been provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions has been provided to determine prevailing opportunities.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis by product elucidates the use of placenta in pharmaceutical settings.
Placenta Market Key Segments:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA