Plant antifreeze are chemicals, which reduce the freezing point of water inside the tissues of plants. These chemicals help plants to endure temperatures 2.2 to 9.4F colder than usual, depending upon the species. Antifreeze chemicals such as ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, glycerin, and others stimulate plants to produce antifreeze proteins and antifreeze amino acids to prevent itself against cold and frost temporarily.
Application of antifreeze on useful plantation such as crops, fruit plants, flowering plants, and others increases their resistance to freezing in cold weather, and thus helps to lower the budget for heating, which boosts the growth of the market. In addition, antifreeze reduces the financial losses caused due to freezing temperature. Moreover, it enhances the ability of plants for photosynthesis, thereby improving yields. These factors are expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
The global plant antifreeze market is segmented into product, technology, and geography. Based on product, the market is categorized into ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, and glycerin. The report analyzes the market trends in different geographies, which include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players profiled in this study include:
- BASF SE
- Monsanto Europe
- DuPont de Nemours
- Dow AgroSciences
- Bayer CropScience
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global plant antifreeze market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends as well as quantitative analysis for the period of 2016-2025 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the product of plant antifreeze.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies as well as the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key players in the market are profiled along with their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Plant Antifreeze Market Key Segmentation:
- Ethylene Glycol
- Propylene Glycol
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA