Plasma fractionation is a process of separating various components of plasma. It is used in in prevention and treatment of life threatening diseases caused by trauma, immunologic disorders, and infections. Plasma fractionation process is used in treating protein deficiency in healthcare applications. It is also used in production of packaging material for industrial applications. The removal or inactivation of viruses and prions is a prime function of plasma fractionation.
Increasing use of immunoglobulin in therapeutic areas and prevalence of emphysema & AATD are factors fueling the growth of the world plasma fractionation market. However, high cost, limited reimbursement, and stringent government regulations obstruct growth of the market. On the other hand, increasing number of hemophilic patients are creating opportunities for growth.
The world plasma fractionation market is segmented based on product, application, end user, and geography. On the basis of products, the market is classified into albumin, immunoglobulins, coagulation factor concentrates, and others. The immunoglobulin segment is further classified into subcutaneous immunoglobulin (SCIg), intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg), and others. Coagulation factor concentrates are divided into factor VIII, factor IX, factor XIII, Von Willebrand factor, prothrombin coagulation concentrates, and fibrinogen concentrates. Applications included in the report are neurology, hematology, immunology, critical care, and others. End users covered in the report are hospitals and clinical research laboratories. Geographically, the market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
The prominent companies operating in the market are Grifols SA, Baxter International Inc., CSL Ltd., Bio Product Laboratory, Octapharma AG, Sanquin, Laboratoire Franais du Fractionnement et des Biotechnologies, Kedrion, and Biotest. Partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, agreements, expansions, joint ventures, and others are some of the key strategies adopted by these prominent manufacturers to strengthen their position in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers an in-depth analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the world plasma fractionation market.
- This report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015-2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of current and future market status of the world plasma fractionation market.
- An in-depth analysis of key strategies adopted by leading manufacturers helps in understanding competitive scenario.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the world plasma fractionation market is provided with key market dynamic factors that helps in understanding the behaviour of the market.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of plasma fractionation) helps in understanding the competitive scenario across geographies.
- Geographically, the world plasma fractionation market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- The Plasma Fractionation Market By Product
- Subcutaneous Immunoglobulin (SCIg)
- Intravenous Immunoglobulin (IVIg)
- Coagulation Factor Concentrates
- Factor VIII
- Factor IX
- Factor XIII
- Von Willebrand Factor
- Prothrombin Coagulation Concentrates
- Fibrinogen Concentrates
- The Plasma Fractionation Market By Application
- Critical Care
- The Plasma Fractionation Market By End User
- Clinical Research Laboratories
- The Plasma Fractionation Market By Geography
- North America
- Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA)
Key Market Players:
- Grifols SA
- Baxter International Inc.
- CSL Ltd.
- Bio Product Laboratory
- Octapharma AG
- Laboratoire Franais du Fractionnement et des Biotechnologies