Plastic lumber is a plastic form of lumber (timber), which is made of virgin or recycled plastic. It finds application in decking, fencing, and landscaping products. Plastic lumber is perceived as an eco-friendly substitute to hardwoods from forests and nontoxic alternative to pressure treated wood, which contains chemicals such as copper. EnviroCurb, CorrectDeck, Green Tree Composites, and Eco-Tech are some of the product brands available in the market.
Rising utilization of plastic lumber in new construction activities, growing penetration in decking applications, and increase in residential renovation expenditures are major factors that drive the growth of the plastic lumber market. However, high cost of plastic lumber as compared to wood products hinders the market growth. Technological advancements in production procedures and increase in demand for plastic lumbers from emerging economies are expected to provide potential growth opportunities for market expansion.
The report segments the plastic lumber market on the basis of product, resin type, application, and geography. Based on product, the market is classified into virgin plastic, recycled plastic, and composite. According to resin type, it is divided into polyethylene, polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polystyrene (PS), and others (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene and polypropylene). By application, it is categorized into decking, molding & trim, fencing, landscaping & outdoor products, windows & doors, and others. Geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players provided in the report are as follows:
- Advanced Environmental Recycling Technologies Inc.
- Aeolian Enterprises Inc.
- American Recycled Plastic Inc.
- Bedford Technology LLC
- Century-Board USA, LLC
- Engineered Plastic Systems LLC
- Genova Products Inc.
- KWK Plastic Lumber Co., Ltd.
- Tangent Technologies, LLC
- Trex Company, Inc.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global plastic lumber market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Plastic Lumber Market Key Segments:
- Virgin Plastic
- Recycled Plastic
By Resin Type
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Others (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene and Polypropylene)
- Molding & Trim
- Landscaping & Outdoor Products
- Windows & Doors
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA
The other players operating in the industry include the following:
- Fiberon, LLC
- Gossen Corp.
- Gracious Living Innovations Inc.
- Kane International Corp.
- N.E.W. Plastics Corp.
- Plaswood Group