Plastisols Market Analysis
Plastisols are made up of PVC resin, plasticizers, and stabilizers. Originally it is available in liquid form, and is also known as thermoplastic liquid polymer. It can be poured into a mold when in a liquid form. Moreover, upon heating at an apt temperature, the elements of plastisols dissolve to establish as vinyl solid. In addition, plastisols are resistant toward fire and chemical impact.
- The sudden outbreak and widespread of the novel coronavirus have forced governments to initiate campaigns for the usage and consumption of products from home-grown companies.
- Promotion of local companied is expected to increase the demand for in-house textiles and automotive. This is predicted to increase the demand for plastisols to a certain extent.
- On the other hand, the demand for plastisol in conventional applications, such as metal finish, automotive, and construction, is estimated to decline as these industries are non-operational at the moment.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis:
Plastisols find application in various verticals such as moldings, coatings, adhesives, and screen printing. They are used majorly in the coatings segment. Increase in safety norms and regulations in the automotive industry; durable and high-quality material required in the upholstery and apparel industry; and increase in need of technical textiles are some of the drivers that boost the plastisols market growth. Plastisols find prominent application in the textile industry, and it is expected to expand further. In the textile industry, plastisols are used in the manufacturing of apparels, furnishing home furniture, industrial fabrics, footwear, printing inks, and many more. Plastisols are extensively used in the construction industry in piping, swimming pool liners, chemical processing, adhesives, and food processing piping.
Governments are increasing investments in the construction and infrastructure industry due to rapidly increasing population, thereby significantly contributing to the growth of the plastisols market over the coming years. In developing countries, such as India, China, and Indonesia, the major financial support is given to the textile industry to improve the quality of textiles and boost the exports. Attributed to the development and advancement of electric and automotive vehicles, the coatings industry has grown over the years, which in turn has also contributed to the growth of the plastisols market. Furthermore, advancement in the technical textiles sector, which safeguards against high temperatures and acidic environment, has improved the plastisols market growth rate. The rise in population, increase in disposable income, modern lifestyle, raised living standards, fast technological improvement, and feasible government policies have contributed significantly to the growth of the plastisols market over the years.
On the contrary, PVC and phthalates have some toxic traits, which are considered to be harmful. This aspect might hinder the growth of the plastisols market over the forecast period. Apparels, which use inks made from plastisols are difficult to recycle. While incineration, these fabrics release harmful chemicals and gases such as hydrochloric acid and dioxides. These have a negative impact on the environment. Moreover, stringent government regulation regarding the environmental impact of plastisols is estimated to hinder the growth of the plastisols market.
On the basis of region, the Asia-Pacific countries have high demand for the product. Countries, such as India, China, and Japan, drive the plastisols market due to the availability of labor and other resources at low cost. This region is expected to witness significant growth over the coming years due to the shift of manufacturing facilities from the western region to Asia-Pacific. The established presence of market leaders of textile inks in the region is expected to boost the plastisols market in the near future. The growth of the exports sector in the region is expected to indirectly contribute to the plastisols market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the plastisols market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the plastisols market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the plastisols market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the plastisols market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Plastisols Market Report Highlights
By Processing Technology
Key Market Players
PolyOne Corporation, Franklin International, International Coatings Company, 3M Company, Bostik Inc., The Dow Chemical Company, Hutchinson Worldwide, Chemence Ltd., Hodgson Sealants Ltd., Fujifilm Corporation