Platelets are small cells in the blood responsible for clotting of the damaged blood vessels and for maintaining primary hemostasis under conditions of blood flow. The platelets travel to the damaged area and reshape themselves to form a mesh and get attached to the damaged surface and prevent bleeding. Platelet function testing is a medical procedure undertaken for diagnosing any disorders associated with blood platelets. An appropriate number of platelet cells are required in the human body to efficiently perform the clotting process. Thus, platelet function testing is used to check the balance of platelet cells in a human body. Sometimes platelet disorders are hereditary in nature.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused severe impacts on the global economy at various levels and which can be seen on the Healthcare industry as well. The thriving market of health care research and development is expected to exhibit a steep decline in the sales during the lockdown period owing to the shutdown of the manufacturing units, acute shortage in the supply of raw materials and absence of potential manpower. It can be deduced from the current situations brought about by the pandemic that the production, and supply chain activities have experienced minor hurdles. However, the platelet function testing market is projected to gradually recover post-COVID-19, which will present attractive opportunities for sales across various regions of the world in the following years.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
The growing prevalence of platelet disorders such as thrombocytopenia and thrombocythemia may increase the demand for platelet function tests during the forecast period. The geriatric population across the globe is also increasing on a large scale resulting in an expanded patient pool of patients who are more prone to need platelet tests for the detection of platelet disorders; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the platelet function testing market. Moreover, Increasing Investment in R&D, Growing Awareness about the Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy, and Adoption of Technologically Advanced product in Platelet Aggregation System will propel the growth of this market in forecast period.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global platelet function testing market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the platelet function testing market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the platelet function testing market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the platelet function testing market.
- The report provides a detailed platelet function testing market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the platelet function testing market report
- Which are the leading players active in the platelet function testing market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Platelet Function Testing Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Thermo Fisher Scientific, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd,, WerfenLife, SENTINEL, Matis Medical Inc., Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Helena Laboratories,, Sysmex Corporation,, Chrono-log Corporation, Fresenius, Drucker Diagnostics,, Haemonetics Corporation,, PerkinElmer Inc., Siemens,