Platter substrate material is used in magnetic platter of the hard disk. The hard disk stores the date in the form of zeros and ones across a thin layer made from magnetic material. This magnetic material is supported by the substrate material. The substrate material should be rigid and lightweight, since the disk rotates at a high speed. The reliability of the hard disk depends on the rigidity of the substrate. The substrate is made up of aluminum and glass. The aluminum disk tends to soften due to extreme heat generated in the hard disk and due to this glass disk is preferred over the aluminum disk in the construction of substrate material.
Increase in use of hard disk in electronics drives the demand for the platter substrate material, thereby fueling the growth of the market. Furthermore, increase in dependence of the defense sector on information technology has fueled the growth of the market. However, vulnerability of the disk to external conditions such as shock and heat has restrained the market growth. Development of new ceramic disk and thin-film multilayer disk is expected to provide numerous opportunities for the market growth.
The platter substrate material market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and geography. By type, the market is bifurcated into aluminum disk and glass disk. Applications covered in the study include electronics, aerospace, national defense, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the major player analyzed in this report are Denka Company Limited, ASE Group, SCHOTT AG, IBIDEN CO., LTD, SHOWA DENKO K.K., Seagate Technology, Inc., ALPS ELECTRIC CO., LTD, Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd., HOYA GROUP, and Halo Data Devices, Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the platter substrate material market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Platter Substrate Material Market Key Segments:
- Aluminum Disks
- Glass Disks
- National Defense
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA