Pleurodynia or Bornholm disease, an acute, communicable disease involving the intercostal and abdominal muscles, is characterized by fever, and sharp, spasmodic pain in the chest wall or abdomen. It is an uncommon complication of coxsackievirus B infection. Some symptoms of this disease include episodes of severe, stabbing chest pain that worsens with any movement. It is usually accompanied by fever and sore throat. Symptoms usually last around a week; however, there may be relapses overtime. It mainly infects children and teenagers; it is highly contagious and is often contracted during the spring and autumn periods in temperate countries. This virus is typically transmitted through the fecal-oral route.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the healthcare systems across the world. The health agencies are engaged in containing the transmission of coronavirus through lockdown norms. COVID-19 pandemic has left the patients with acute pain untreated, as the patients tend to avoid hospital visits in fear of infection, and on the other hand, the social isolation during the pandemic could lead to passive coping strategies leading to depression and anxiety among the patients.
Thus, the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a direct and indirect impact on the Pleurodynia treatment market, globally. The growth of the global pleurodynia treatment market is majorly due to the well-established business of painkiller medications as it is the only treatment available till date. In recent years, the increasing reliance on their prolonged use and a greater understanding of their side-effects has led to the growing use of device-based pain management therapies.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
The factors driving the pleurodynia treatment market includes increase in the reliance of people on painkillers. On the other hand, increase in research and development activities led to the development of new and innovative drugs and increased demand for analgesics over the forecast period. The current market is gradually adopting more non-opioid medications, to suppress the addiction toward opioids and certain well-established painkillers in the market. In addition to effective and fast relief from pleurodynia pain, have significantly driven the demand for analgesics over the years.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global pleurodynia treatment market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Pleurodynia Treatment Market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Pleurodynia Treatment Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the pleurodynia treatment market report
- Which are the leading players active in the pleurodynia treatment market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Pleurodynia Treatment Market Report Highlights
By Mode of Administration
By End User
Key Market Players
Novartis,, Reckitt Benckiser plc, GlaxoSmithKline,, Endo Pharmaceuticals, eva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.,, Eli Lilly,, Bayer AG,, Merck,, Novartis AG,., Sanofi,, Pfizer,, Roche,, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi, Johnson & Johnson, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Bristol-Myers Squibb