Pneumatic conveying system is used to transfer or inject bulk of solid material through a pipe from one or more source to one or more destination by using the flow of air or any other gas. Typically, the materials transferred through this system are powders, granules, pellets, and irregularly shaped particles which has a bulk density between 5 to 100 lb/ft3. The pneumatic conveying system includes a material source point, piping, a destination or receiving point, and a gas flow movement device. These are easy to install and locate as they take less space. This system is used in process industries such as Chemicals and Detergents, Pet Food, Food and Beverage, Renewables, and Specialist Materials. Pneumatic Conveying Systems are of two categories namely, lean phase and dense phase. This system is a cost-effective way that ensures very less loss and delivers high product quality to end-users.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut down the production of pneumatic conveying system attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide this has hampered the growth of pneumatic conveying system from the last few months and is likely to grow in 2021
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of pneumatic conveying system in the second and third quarter of 2020 and is anticipated to grow in year 2021.
- The major demand for pneumatic conveying system was previously noticed from countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, and China which are negatively affected by the spread of the coronavirus thereby declining the demand for pneumatic conveying system.
- Further potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves pneumatic conveying system manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Pneumatic conveying system manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce operations and supply chains to respond to ward immediate crisis and find new ways of working after COVID-19 for instance provision of sanitizers maintaining social distancing as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health and safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
The world is moving toward industrialization and developing economies like India, Brazil, and South Africa demand for advanced and energy-efficient pneumatic conveying systems. Also, the waste treatment industry drives the growth of the pneumatic conveying systems market. There is an increase in the concern over cleanliness, hygiene, safety, and health among consumers and this compels the manufacturers in the industrial sector to use automated pneumatic conveying systems. By using pneumatic conveying systems manufacturers can ensure that materials are not contaminated. Also, conventional conveyors are susceptible to attract dirt into the system, hence affecting the quality of the product so pneumatic conveying systems are being preferred by manufacturers. All this drives the pneumatic conveying systems market. Due to COVID -19 impact manufacturing sectors got affected all over the world, and because of this chemical market such as in the U.S. reduced its chemical production activity, and hence it restrained the growth of the pneumatic conveying systems market as well.
- Asia-Pacific region is proliferated with manufacturing industries, China being the major country and hence the market for pneumatic conveying systems is high in this region.
- There is an increase in the demand for plastics, food & beverages, medicines, and chemicals owing to rise in population in India and China. Hence, the investment in these sectors is consequently expected to flourish, thereby, boosting the growth of the pneumatic conveying system market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the pneumatic conveying system along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the pneumatic conveying system market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the pneumatic conveying system market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed pneumatic conveying system market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Pneumatic Conveying Systems Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Gericke AG, Macawber Engineering, Hillenbrand Inc., Palamatic Process, Dongyang P & F, Flexicon Corporation, Dynamic Air Inc., Cyclonaire Corporation, Atlas Copco AB, Coperion GmbH