Pneumococcal disease is an infection caused by the Streptococcus pneumoniae bacteria, which especially affects infants and children below 5 years of age. Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine is derived from a capsular polysaccharide. These vaccinations induce specific antibodies, which kills the bacteria by opsonization or phagocytosis.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine market include increasing prevalence of pneumonia globally, improving healthcare infrastructure, rise in government focus on immunization programs for pneumonia, and development of quality vaccines such as PPSV23. However, high costs associated with the development of such vaccines and longer timelines required for pneumonia vaccine production hamper the growth of the global pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine market. Growing awareness about pneumococcal vaccine and large numbers of mergers & acquisition strategies among key vendors are expected to propel the growth of the market in the near future.
The global pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine market is segmented on the basis of dosage, end user, and region. On the basis of dosage, the market is segmented into single dose vial and pre-filled syringe. On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into children (2-10 age), adults (10-64 age), and geriatric (more than 65 age). Geographically, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in this market include Merck & Co., Inc., Pfizer Inc., Glaxosmithkline Plc., Sanofi Pasteur, China National Biotec Group, Astellas Pharma Inc, and Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine market, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine market has been provided.
- Identification of factors that are instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale have been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine market.
Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Sanofi Pasteur, Astellas Pharma Inc, Pfizer Inc., Glaxosmithkline Plc., CSL Ltd., Astrazeneca Plc. (Medimmune, LLC.), China National Biotec Group, Johnson & Johnson, Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd., Merck & Co., Inc.