Pneumonia is indicated as a complex infection that affects the lower part of the respiratory tract along with deposition of cough in the lungs. It may even occur as a consequence to an upper tract infection. Usually, it occurs in people with weakened immunity and generally occurs in older people and children. Biotechnological methods can be approached for testing of pneumonia such as enzyme linked immunosorbant assay and polymerase chain reaction. The drivers that drive the market growth are increase in the prevalence of pneumonia, rise in awareness about early diagnosis and preventive measures of pneumonia, improvement in healthcare sector. In addition, growing popularity of point of care (POC) testing has also fuelled the market growth. However, high cost of the testing technology and limited detection capability as well as less accuracy of the test restraints the market growth. Moreover, technological advancements in the techniques of the testing will prove as an opportunity for the future growth of the market.
The report segments the market on the basis of method, technology, end users and region. Based on method, the market is segmented into immunodiagnostics, molecular diagnostics and point of care (POC) testing. Based on technology, the market is segmented into enzyme linked immunosorbant assay (ELISA), immunofluoroscence, western blot, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), imunohistochemistry (IHC) and others. Based on end users, the market is segmented into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, homecare and others. Regionally, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players of the market that are included are Abbott Laboratories, F-Hoffmann La Roche Ltd., Thermo Fischer Scientific Inc., Alere, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Hologic Inc., DiaSorin S.p.A, Seracare, AdvanDx Inc., and Becton, Dickenson and Company (BD).
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global pneumonia testing market along with the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided in the report.
- Comprehensive quantitative analysis of the industry is provided for the period of 20162023 to assist stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the key segments of the industry helps in understanding the trends in method, technology and end users of pneumonia testing across the globe.
- Key market players and their strategies have been provided to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Pneumonia Testing Market Key Segments:
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Point of Care (POC) Testing
- Enzyme Linked Immunosorbant Assay (ELISA)
- Western Blot
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Imunohistochemistry (IHC)
By End Users
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA