Pneumonia is a lung infection that occurs in one or both the lungs caused by bacteria, viruses, or fungi; however, bacterial pneumonia is the most common form occurring in adults.
Pneumonia results in inflammation in the air sacs (known as alveoli) of the lungs, which results in filling the alveoli with fluid (pus cells), thus causing breathing problems. Pneumococcal disease is common in young children, but older adults are at greatest risk of serious pneumococcal infections and even death.
Thus, Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends administration of two pneumococcal vaccines, PCV13 and PPSV23. The key factors that drive the growth of the global pneumonia vaccine market include increase in prevalence of pneumonia across the globe, rise in government focus on immunization programs for pneumonia, and introduction of novel pneumococcal vaccines such as PCV10. However, longer timelines required for pneumonia vaccine production and high costs associated with development of such vaccines restrain the market growth. Development of protein-based combination pneumococcal vaccines is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the expansion of this market.
The global pneumococcal vaccine market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and geography. Based on type, the market is bifurcated into pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV13) and pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine (PPSV23). Applications covered in the study include pneumonia, meningitis, and sepsis. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Pfizer Inc., Glaxosmithkline Plc., Merck & Co., Inc., Sanofi Pasteur, Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd., Johnson & Johnson, Astellas Pharma Inc., Astrazeneca Plc. (Medimmune, LLC.), CSL Limited, and Emergent Biosolutions, Inc. are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global pneumonia vaccine market along with the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided in the report.
- Comprehensive quantitative analysis of the industry is provided for the period of 20162023 to assist stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the key segments of the industry helps to understand the trends in types of pneumococcal vaccines across the globe.
- Key market players and their strategies have been provided to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Pneumonia Vaccine Market Key Segments:
- Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV13)
- Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine (PPSV23)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA