A pneumothorax is a collapsed lung. A pneumothorax occurs when air leaks into the space between your lung and chest wall. A pneumothorax is generally diagnosed using a chest X-ray. In some cases, a computerized tomography (CT) scan may be needed to provide more-detailed images. Ultrasound imaging also may be used to identify pneumothorax. Depending on the cause of the pneumothorax, a second goal may be to prevent recurrences. The methods for achieving these goals depend on the severity of the lung collapse and sometimes on your overall health. Treatment options may include observation, needle aspiration, chest tube insertion, nonsurgical repair or surgery. Causes of ruptured or injured chest or lung walls can include lung disease, injury from a sport or accident, assisted breathing with a ventilator, or even changes in air pressure that you experience when scuba diving or mountain climbing.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
The rise in the number of infected population due to Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has created an economic crisis along with a health care crisis. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused healthcare system worldwide, developed countries are anticipated to cause economic recession. The Covid-19 pandemic has an adverse impact on the healthcare system, causing in 50% to 70% drop in revenue from March. There are many small hospitals, clinics and nursing homes, have been asked to shut their operations. Due to the stipulated and localized curfews there are delayed elective surgical procedures. Furthermore, visa cancellations have led to reduction in medical tourism and can negatively impact the healthcare services market growth.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The major factor affecting the market includes the increase in the use of smoking by the majority of the population would boost the industry to propel the growth of the industry in the forecast period. The surge in the incidence of the respiratory disorders such as asthma, COPD and other respiratory problems would help the industry grow in the coming years. The growth in the awareness of need to have early diagnosis of respiratory disorders and its treatment is anticipated to help the market surge in the near future. However, the stringent regulations over the treatment given may impede the market growth.
New product advancements to flourish the market
The increase in the number of product launches for the treatment of Pneumothorax Infections is anticipated to help the industry grow in the near future. For instance, In March 2019, Zebra Medical Vision, the deep learning imaging analytics company, today announces that it has received FDA 510(k) clearance for HealthPNX, an AI alert for pneumothorax (PNX), based on chest X-rays.
In recent years, Prometheus was delighted to announce the launch of latest product, the Russell PneumoFix. The Russell PneumoFix is a sterile chest decompression device designed for the management of tension pneumothorax, simple pneumothorax and pleural effusion.
Surge in incidences to boost the market
According to the World Health Organization in 2016, the prevalence of 251 million cases of COPD globally. It is estimated that 3.17 million deaths were caused by the disease in 2015 (that is, 5% of all deaths globally in that year).
The growth in the number of incidences of various respiratory disorders which needs to be diagnosed early and treated henceforth would help the market to gain maximum revenue in the forecast period.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global Pneumothorax Treatment industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global Pneumothorax Treatment market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global Pneumothorax Treatment market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global Pneumothorax Treatment market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Pneumothorax Treatment Market research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the Pneumothorax Treatment market?
- What are the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in tasking further strategic steps?
Pneumothorax Treatment Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Utah Medical Products, Angiotech, ATMOS MedizinTechnik GmbH & Co. KG, Sinapi Biomedical, Smiths Group plc., Abbott, Teleflex Incorporated, Medtronic, BetaGlue, Nobelpharma Co., Ltd