Pod detergent is a water-soluble pocket containing highly concentrated clothing cleanser, softener, and other laundry products. It is cleansing agent that is used in daily routine activities such as washing clothes and other fabrics. Pod detergent is convenient and more hygienic than conventional powders, which propels their demand globally. These come in different variants, chemical contents, and scents, which lets the market diversify by serving distinct consumer requirements. The market is witnessing changing demands from customers for products that serve multiple requirements such as machine wash detergents and hand wash detergents. Pod detergents reduce squandered use of powdered and liquid detergents by having precise estimations for a huge load of clothes.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- Owing to the COVID-19 outbreak, demand for pod detergents has witnessed a drastic rise, owing to rise in hygiene and health concerns among consumers.
- Owing to COVID-19, the demand for daily routine hygiene items have witnessed increase in the market, however supply of these products is low in the market, owing to travel restrictions and disruption of supply chain system.
- Companies are focused on increasing their distribution channels and supply products through online channels, which play an important role to fulfill demand of customers.
- The lockdown has impacted manpower and resource availability, which has affected scale of production in the pod detergent industry.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Rise in awareness regarding personal hygiene and cleanser products among population is a major factor that drives the market growth for pod detergents. There is increase in demand for pod detergents in commercial as well as household sectors. This is attributed to the fact that the product is convenient to use in daily life. In addition, it is witnessing demand due to its anti-bacterial properties that are required as a precautionary practice against pollution and dirt-borne diseases. Although pod detergents cost significantly more than liquid detergents for equivalent clothing loads, hence it acts as a market restriction.
The global pod detergent market trends are as follows:
New product launches to flourish the market
The market is driven by innovations that arise out of changing consumer requirements and conversion of powder from water-soluble pouches in advanced liquid form. The market for pod detergents have different sales channels such as store-based and online segments that lead to expansion of the market with product diversification.
Recently Tide launched Tide Pods 3 in 1, detergent pod consists of up to 90% active ingredients, clean for water 3 in 1 technology: detergent, stain remover, and color protector. Its spring meadow scent is infused with fresh floral helps to clothes smelling great.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the pod detergent market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global pod detergent market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global Pod detergent market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global pod detergent market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in Pod Detergent Market Research Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the pod detergent market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the pod detergent market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Pod Detergent Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Distributional channel
Key Market Players
Hema., Ecozone, Wilko, Sainsbury's, Morrison's Ltd., Waitrose & Partners, Unilever, Procter & Gamble, ASDA, Tesco.com