Polarizing film is an optical film, which lets light waves of a specific polarization pass and blocks light waves of other polarizations. Polarizing film is made up of dyeing film (primarily polyvinyl alcohol (PVA)) or by iodine adsorbed on its surface. This gives the film polarization characteristics that allow only light with a certain oscillation direction to pass through it.
The polarization property of the polarizing film makes it an essential raw material for the polarizer film, which is used in liquid crystal display (LCD) panels, lenses, and optical filters. It converts a beam of light of undefined or mixed polarization into a beam of well-defined polarization, which is polarized light. Furthermore, in order to secure mechanical strength of the film, backing materials such as a TAC film or a protective film are laminated to it.
Polarizing film is ideal for a range of applications, including microscopy, display, and imaging.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
The COVID-19 pandemic situation led to a significant slowing down in the production and manufacturing in various sectors. Strict lockdowns imposed by several governments globally led to a temporary shutdown in manufacturing for small and major market players. It impacted government policies, import & export control, and disruption of the supply chain, distribution network, and production activities on overall revenue generation.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
The global demand for polarizing films rises significantly due to the high use of these films, especially in LCD displays. The increase in the environmental concerns owing to hazards caused by disposal of electronic products is expected to drive the polarizer film market during the forecast period.
Implementation of stringent government regulations in packaging is estimated to be a key driver of the polarizer film market. Similarly, the increase in demand for reflective polarizing films, especially in emerging economies, technological advancements, and the rise in R&D activities also fuel market growth.
Furthermore, the reflective properties offered by polarizing films propel the growth of the market. However, volatility in prices of raw materials is projected to be a key factor that hampers the market during the forecast period.
However, factors such as easy availability of raw materials and introduction of cheaper substitutes are major factors that restrain the market growth.
Key Benefits of Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the polarizer film market share.
- The current polarizer film market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed polarizer film market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in Polarizer Film Market Report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the polarizer film market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the polarizer film market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Polarizer Film Market Report Highlights
By Contrast Type
Key Market Players
Optimax, BenQ, Nitto, LG Chem, Samsung SDI, Sanritz, Dongxu, CMMT, SAPO, Sumitomo, SUNNYPOL, Polatechno