Polyacrylic Acid Market Analysis :
Polyacrylic acid is a polymer of acrylic acid with high molecular weight. It is produced by the polymerization of acrylic ester of acrylonitrile, followed by the product to undergo hydrolysis. Polyacrylic acid molecules produce negatively charged or anionic polymers when dissolved in water and have the ability to absorb and retain water molecules. Furthermore, it is extensively used in disposable diapers, detergents, and in other industries, such as pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and paints, as an emulsifying agent and thickening agent.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Increase in awareness about hygiene in public areas and use of detergents and cleaners in sewages & other places have increase steeply due to the pandemic. This has resulted in an escalation of consumption of polyacrylic acid in the detergents industry.
- The demand for cosmetics and other personal care products, where polyacrylic acid is used in the form of gels and emulsifying agents, has fallen due to the economic slowdown caused by the pandemic. This has negatively affected the global polyacrylic acid market.
- The economic slowdown caused by the pandemic has severely affected the agricultural industry. Heavy investments on products, such as super absorbents for the soil, have decreased, thereby affecting the demand for polyacrylic acid in the agricultural sector.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The rise in demand for super absorbent polymers used in baby diapers and feminine care products has played an important role to boost the growth of the polyacrylic acid market. Increase in awareness about menstrual hygiene and availability of baby products propel the consumption of polyacrylic acid in the market Polyacrylic acid is also used for sewage treatment, owing to its high solubility in water. It also prevents hydrate formation in the oil & gas pipelines. Polyacrylic acid is widely used in detergents, cleaners, and pharmaceutical products such as gels used for skin care. It is also utilized in agriculture, owing to its super absorbant properties to enhance the yield and optimize the usage of water. However, heavy capital investments and the effects on the environment restrict the growth of the market.
The Asia-Pacific polyacrylic acid market holds the largest share of the global polyacrylic acid market, owing to high population density and rapid growth of pharmaceutical and personal care industries in the region. The markets in Europe and North America are expected to witness steady growth due to rise in consumption of polyacrylic acid in these regions.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the polyacrylic acid market along with current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the polyacrylic acid market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the polyacrylic acid market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the polyacrylic acid market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Polyacrylic Acid Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Aurora Chemicals, Zouping Dongfang Chemical Co., Ltd., Nippon Shokubai Co. Ltd., Arkema S.A., BASF SE, The Dow Chemical Company, Henan Qingshuiyuan Technology Co., Ltd., Ashland Inc., KemiraOyj, Lubrizol Corporation