Polycarbonate film is made from polycarbonate, which is a thermoplastic polymer. This film has excellent clarity, stability, heat resistance, and high impact strength. Besides, this polycarbonate film has excellent long-term performance and is durable in hostile environments. Some of the other characteristics are excellent chemical, abrasion, and stain resistance. It is widely used in the manufacture of menu boards, labels & nameplates, membrane switches & control panels, and packaging material.
Increase in the use of polycarbonate films in many industries has fueled their demand, thereby driving the market growth. Furthermore, the stable nature of the polycarbonate film to chemical attacks and flame-resistant polycarbonate film boosts the demand for polycarbonate films. However, high costs of polycarbonate film have restrained the market growth. Development of UV resistant and higher strength polycarbonate film is expected to provide growth opportunities for the market.
The polycarbonate film market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and geography. By type the market is segmented into optical, flame retardant, anti-fog, weatherable, and others. By application the market is divided into menu boards, labels & nameplates, membrane switches & control panels, packaging, and others. By geography it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the major players analyzed in this report are Covestro AG, General Electric, United States Plastic Corporation, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Teijin Chemicals Ltd, Wiman Corporation, Rowland Technologies, Inc, Suzhou Omay Optical Materials Co., Ltd., SABIC, and 3M.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments helps understand various products of the market.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Polycarbonate Film Market Key Segments:
- Flame Retardant
- Others (Medical, Hard coated)
- Menu Boards
- Labels & Nameplates
- Membrane Switches & Control Panels
- Others (Back-Lit Signs and Panels, Graphic Overlays)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA