Polyether ether ketone (PEEK) is a semi-crystalline thermoplastic, which is inert and a thermally stable polymer. It has applications in nuclear, aerospace, temperature resistance interface, medical implants, etc. It has specific properties such as high temperature resistance, hydrolysis resistance, self-lubrication, easy processing, and high mechanical strength. PEEK produces small amount of smoke or toxic gas emissions when exposed to flame. It melts at a relatively high temperature compared to other thermoplastics and the range of its melting temperature can be processed using injection molding, extrusion methods, spray forming, or pressing methods.
Europe and North America together held the major share of the global PEEK market. The market is expected to register substantial growth in the near future, attributed its rapid growth and the increased technological innovations to develop new applications. Strong customer base in Europe also drives the growth of the PEEK market. However, factors such as high price of PEEK contradicts its cost based competitiveness, which is expected to restrain growth.
The report segments the PEEK market on the basis of type, application, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into unfilled PEEK, carbon filled PEEK, and glass filled PEEK. According to the application, the market is classified into the industrial, electrical & electronics, automotive, medical, aerospace, and others. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Recently, Indmatec‐a German company‐has succeeded in 3D printing of PEEK parts for vacuum tech applications in July, 2016. Meanwhile, Impossible Objects, an Illinois-based 3D printing materials sciences company, announced development of PEEK that can be 3D printed to make durable, lightweight, and geometrically complex carbon fiber composite parts.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Victrex PLC, Solvay, Jida Evonik High Performance Polymers (Changchun) Co. Ltd., Parkway Products Inc., Stern Industries Inc., A. Schulman AG, Caledonian Ferguson Timpson Ltd, Darter Plastics Inc., J K Overseas, Jrlon Inc., Panjin Zhongrun High Performance Polymers Co. Ltd, and Prototype & Plastic Mold Co. Inc. is also provided in this report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global PEEK market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2014 and 2022.
- Geographically, the PEEK market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, & LAMEA. It also includes analysis of demand for PEEK in major countries in each region.
- This study evaluates competitive landscape and value chain to interpret the competitive environment across the geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014‐2022, which assists identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global PEEK market is provided, such as a large customer base and high demand will drive the market, whereas, high cost for PEEK is anticipated to restrict growth.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Comprehensive analysis of all regions that determines the prevailing opportunities in these geographies is provided in the report.
- Key players within the PEEK market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Unfilled PEEK
- Carbon Filled PEEK
- Glass Filled PEEK
- Electrical & Electronics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA