A synthetic product manufactured with polyvinyl chloride (PVC), plasticizers, resins, and pigments is known to be as Polymer Clay. Polymer clay is manufactured in different colors, and it can be mixed with paints. It is also known as modeling clay. They have been widely utilized for many years by adolescents, children, and adult craftspeople. They have rigorously developed as a medium for arts and crafts over the years. Polymer clay is available in solid and liquid form. Solid polymer clay gets easily harden as it cures at a lower temperature than earthen clays. Liquid polymer clay also comes in translucent from and can be hand-tinted with alcohol, ink, glitters, oil paints, or powdered pigments.
This clay is widely used as a raw material for making arts and sculpture, ceramic products, crockery, jewelry making, manufacturing of toys and novelty items, and others. Due to the immense popularity among students, artists, clay hobbyists, and others, market players in the polymer clay industry are altering conventional formulations, expanding product portfolio, and tapping different end-use industries. Many brands have started to come up with tested & certified 'non-toxic' art material. Owing to the increasing use, the worldwide sales of polymer clay are expected to increase extensively over the forecast period.
- The COVID-19 pandemic is having a varied impact on the global polymer clay market.
- The maximum sales for the polymer clay were accorded from the brick and mortar retail stores, which are shut down in almost all the countries.
- Major end-users being the educational institutes, playschools, industries, and others are all shut amid the ongoing Corona outbreak, hindering the sales of polymer clay.
- The manufacturing units are facing problems of logistics slowdown, disruption in the supply chain, lack of raw material because of lockdown, and halt on import-export activities.
- However, online sales are not having a negative impact because people sitting back at home are getting involved in art & craft activities and are finding online retail platforms a convenient place to shop.
Top Impacting Factors:Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The ability of polymer clay to be molded into endless forms coupled with acclaimed benefits to play with clay, like improving creativity, dexterity, and essential skills, drives the market for the polymer clay. In addition to this, parents have started to invest in educational toys for the cognitive development of their children, along with which, great emphasis by schools and educational institutes in play-based or activity learning, contributes to the growing sales of the polymer clay. The polymer clay serves as a sustainable raw material for manufacturing attractive jewelry at relatively low costs, which in turn is increasing demand for cheap jewelry products among the middle-income population group. Another major factor that leads to an increased demand for polymer clay is the significant presence of social networking platforms. The millennial artists share their art & craft online, sell them, and even create teaching videos to help others learn, thereby propelling the market growth of the polymer clay, globally. Furthermore, increased modernization, growing interests in art & craft, and rising disposable income also fuel the market for this product.
On the contrary, the growing use of digital entertainment & smart technology at an early age has hindered the sales of polymer clay-based toys, thereby causing a threat to this market.
Although polymer clays are certified as non-toxic products, there are a few guidelines that are to be followed while using them because there can be a potential danger and risk of accidents associated with polymer clays, which is a challenging factor for this market.
However, increasing investments in research & development, developing innovative products, finding new uses, producing vibrant colors, and improving marketing strategies can create new opportunities for the global polymer clay market.
The Global Polymer Clay Market Trends are as follows:
Mergers and Product Launch - A Key Marketing Strategy of the Market Players:
To expand their global footprints, market players globally are focusing on strategies like mergers and acquisitions. Also, the polymer clay industries are trying to extend their product portfolio as per the growing demand all over the globe.
- A Los Angeles-based private equity firm, Levine Leichtman, in 2014 acquired Polyform Products Company, to build its product portfolio.
- Polymer Clay on 1st May 2019, launched its new products named Sculpey III, Premo, and Solid Clay Conditioner having different vibrant colors.
- Staedtler Mars GmbH & Co. KG, a German manufacturing company, in 2019, added new three new liquid colors to its FIMO range - black, silver, and gold, to fulfill ever-increasing customer demand.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global polymer clay industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global polymer clay market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global polymer clay market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global polymer clay market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Polymer Clay Market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the polymer claymarket?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Polymer Clay Market Report Highlights
By Product Form
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Van Aken International, Linecross, Laguna Clay Company, Levine Leichtman, The Clay and Paint Factory, Polyform Products Company, American Art Clay Co. Inc., Craft Polymers, Staedtler Mars GmbH & Co. KG, Makin's USA, Viva Decor