Polymer foams are mixtures of solid and gas phase together formed by the dispersion of gas in a polymer matrix. The production of polymer foams with different density range can be achieved by various ways namely extrusion, slab-stock by pouring, and different forms of molding. The excellent properties of polymer foams that fuel its demand in numerous applications are superior acoustic absorption, cost-effectiveness, strength-to-weight ratio, low density, thermal insulators, and flexibility. Different resins used to avail foam applications are polyurethane, polyethylene, polystyrene, polyvinyl carbonate, polypropylene, and others. Polymer foams are used in various applications such as electronics, constructions, transportation, automotive, and furnishing among others.
The polymer foams market grows at a moderate rate across the world driven by the augment demand from the end users. Asia-Pacific is the leading region in the polymer foam market followed by, Europe, North America, and others due to the increased demand by end users and strategic developments like product launch, increased R&D activities, expansion, and acquisitions in the automotive, construction, and other industries. Some of the major factors that drive the polymer foams market are increased used of polymer foams by the automotive, construction & packaging industries, infrastructural developments, urbanization, and others. Focus on the bio based product developments in a view to expand can be a growth opportunity for the polymer foams market. However, factors such as fluctuations in exchange rates and stringent government rules are expected to restrain the market growth.
The report segments the polymer foams market on the basis of structure, resin type, end user, and geography. On the basis of structure, the market is divided into closed cell and open cell foams. Based on the resin type, the market is classified into polyurethane foam, polystyrene foam, polyvinyl chloride foam, phenolic foam, polyolefin foam, melamine foam, and others. The report is further segmented by end user industry such as automotive, building & construction, packaging, electronics, furniture & bedding, and others. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as BASF SE, Recticel Group, Rogers Corporation, Woodbridge Foam Corporation, The DOW Chemical Company, Arkema, Armacell International S.A., Borealis AG, JSP Corporation, Sealed Air Corporation, Sekisui Alveo AG, Zotefoams PLC, Synthos S.A., Ineos Styrenics International Sa, Foam Partner Group, etc., are also provided in this report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global polymer foam market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key segments between 2014 and 2022.
- Geographically, the polymer foam market is analyzed for regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA along with analysis of major countries in each region.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of polymer foam) interprets the competitive scenario across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global polymer foam market is provided.
- Extensive analysis of the polymer foam market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Key market players within the polymer foam market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps understand competitive outlook of global polymer foam market.
POLYMER FOAMS MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
- By Structure
- Closed Cell Foams
- Open Cell Foams
- By Resin Type
- Polyurethane Foam
- Polystyrene Foam
- Polyvinyl Chloride Foam
- Phenolic Foam
- Polyolefin Foam
- Melamine Foam
- By End User
- Building & Construction
- Furniture & Bedding
- By Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- North America