Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is an important scientific technique in molecular biology that amplifies single or few copies of a piece of DNA. In addition, it is helpful in generating thousands to millions of copies of a particular DNA sequence and investigating diseases such as AIDS, tuberculosis, Lyme disease, and middle ear infections. The technology involves three major steps: denaturation, annealing, and extension. It is applicable in medical, research, clinical diagnostics, and forensics. It has been utilized since decades as a standard method for research on nucleic acids (RNA, DNA) in laboratories. PCR technologies available in market are real-time quantitative (qPCR), digital PCR (dPCR), inverse PCR, multiplex PCR, assembly PCR, and standard PCR. The need of effective diagnostic molecular technique in healthcare to detect diseases accurately has fueled the demand for growth of the market.
Factors driving the growth of the PCR technologies market are rise in number of diagnostic centers and hospitals, completion of the human genome project, high prevalence of diseases, increase in the geriatric population, technological advancements, and high investments by private and public organizations. However, technical limitations related to qPCR and dPCR products, and high cost of dPCR devices restraint the market growth. In addition, accurate and timely results for RT-PCR is a major challenge faced by the PCR market. Reduction in number of PCR processes makes the process less tedious and may open avenues of opportunities for the PCR market.
The report segments the market by product, technology, end user, application, and geography. In terms of technology, it is bifurcated into quantitative PCR and digital PCR. On the basis of product, it is segmented into instruments, reagents, and consumables. Based on application, it is categorized into clinical, research, and forensic applications. On the basis of end user, it is divided into diagnostic centers & hospitals, forensic laboratories, biotech & pharma companies, and academic & research institutions. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Healthcare giants have adopted product developments & commercialization, collaborations, partnerships, and agreements as their key strategic moves for the development of their portfolios. For instance, LGC Ltd. acquired Biosearch Technologies in 2015 to extend its expertise in qPCR market. Moreover, SYGNIS AG launched SunScript one-step RT-qPCR kit in January 2016, which is useful in gene expression analysis. These developments by market giants have led to the market growth.
Key players operating in the PCR market are Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., SYGNIS AG, LGC Ltd, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., BioMerieux S.A., RainDance Technologies, Inc., Affymetrix Inc., Fluidigm Corporation, and Takara Bio Inc.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- This report provides quantitative analysis of the current trends, future estimations, and dynamics in the global PCR technologies market through 20142022, which assist in identifying the prevailing marketopportunities.
- Geographically, the market is analyzed based on various regions to understand the competitive environment across the geographies.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and value chain of the market.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the PCR technologies market is provided with key dynamic factors that assist in understanding the market behavior.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
- Digital PCR (dPCR)
- Reagents & Consumables
By End User
- Diagnostic Centers & Hospitals
- Forensic Laboratories
- Biotech & Pharma Companies
- Academic & Research Institutions
- North America
- Middle East
- South Africa