Polymeric Nanoparticles Market Statistics - 2030
The polymeric nanoparticles market was valued at $551.9 million in 2020, and is projected to reach $1,511.8 million by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 10.6% from 2021 to 2030.
Polymeric nanoparticles are organic nanoparticles. It has the size array from 1 to 1000 nm. Polymeric nanoparticles can be filled with active compounds entrapped inside or surface-adsorbed onto the polymeric nucleus. It has received significant traction within the pharmaceutical industry. It is utilized for controlled drug release and targeted drug delivery. Degradation time is one of the most significant characteristics of drug delivery vehicles.
The drug delivery industry is driven by factors such as increase in number of developments made by key industrial participants in drug delivery system, increase in prevalence of chronic disorders which needs the utilization of drug delivery systems, and surge in healthcare expenditure globally. Furthermore, the polymeric nanoparticles market is also driven by rapidly growing electronics industry in developing economies such as India. However, the polymeric nanoparticles market is hindered by the factors such as high prices and complex production process. On the contrary, the increase in study of polymeric nanoparticles in vaccines is expected to offer lucrative opportunity during the forecast period.
The polymeric nanoparticles market is segmented on the basis of type, end-use industry, and region. On the basis of type, the polymeric nanoparticles market is bifurcated into nanocapsule and nanosphere. On the basis of end-use industry, the market is segregated into pharmaceutical, electronics, and others. Others segment comprise nutraceuticals industry, academic research, biomedical (biosensor), coatings, catalysts etc. Region-wise, the polymeric nanoparticles market share is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. The polymeric nanoparticles market share is analyzed across all segments.
The polymeric nanoparticles market analysis covers in-depth information of the major industry participants. Some of the major players in the polymeric nanoparticles market include Aphios Corporation (Aphios), Nano research elements (Nanorh), Phosphorex, Inc. (Phosphorex), CD Bioparticles (CD Bioparticles), NanoSynthons LLC (NanoSynthons), Biopharma PEG (Biopharma), Creative PEGWorks (CPW), Nanoshel, Exelead, and Nanovex Biotechnologies SL (Nanovex).
Other players in the value chain of the polymeric nanoparticles market include Thermo scientific (Thermo), Dolomite Microfluidics (Dolomite), Evonik, Advanced Nanotech Lab. (Advanced Nanotech), Sintef, Merckmillipore (Merck), HiQ-Nano s.r.l. (HiQ-Nano), Attonuclei, and others.
The key players are adopting numerous strategies such as partnership, agreement, collaboration, joint venture to stay competitive in the polymeric nanoparticles market.
For instance, in June 2021, Phosphorex and Dolomite Microfluidics inked a partnership to combine their capabilities in vaccine and drug development. The aim of the partnership is to develop lipid nanoparticle and polymeric nanoparticle. Polymeric nanoparticles, lipid nanoparticles, and liposomes are utilized as tools for non-viral delivery of therapeutics, especially nucleic acids, comprising mRNAs for vaccines to fight cancer and dangerous diseases such as COVID-19. These nanoparticles can improve stability, transfection efficiency, efficacy, and safety of RNA therapeutics and vaccines. Dolomite’s ANP System is planned to improve Phosphorex’s service offering, including optimization, development of prototype formulations, and others.
Polymeric Nanoparticles Market, by Type
By type, the nanosphere segment garnered 75.1% in 2020, in terms of revenue and expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.5%. Nanospheres have a lot of potential since they can turn poorly soluble, poorly absorbed medicines into more easily delivered medications. Nanospheres are site-specific and protect the medicine from various bodily fluids that could destroy it during targeting. These factors are projected to boost the demand for nanosphere. Furthermore. the nanocapsule segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.8%.
Nanocapsule is projected as the most lucrative segment.
Polymeric Nanoparticles Market, by End-use industry
By end-use industry, the pharmaceutical segment garnered market share of 10.6% in 2020, in terms of revenue. This is attributed to rise in awareness regarding the utilization of pharmaceutical drug delivery products. The constantly evolving life science industry propels the market growth as constant developments lead to increased awareness related to the utilization of pharmaceutical drug delivery.
By End-use Industry
Pharmaceutical is projected as the most lucrative segment.
Polymeric Nanoparticles Market, by Region
Region-wise, Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.4%, during the forecast period. U.S. has the largest share in the pharmaceutical industry but China is growing at a considerable rate. Furthermore, India is also the one of the huge and fastest growing pharmaceutical industry.
Asia-Pacific holds a dominant position in 2020 and would continue to maintain the lead over the forecast period.
Key benefits for stakeholders
- The report outlines the current polymeric nanoparticles market trends and future scenario of the market from 2021 to 2030 to understand the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- The polymeric nanoparticles market size is provided in terms of revenue.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with the current and future market trends.
- This report highlights the key drivers, opportunities, and restraints of the polymeric nanoparticles market along with impact analysis during the forecast period.
- The report also covers the impact of governmental regulations on the polymeric nanoparticles market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis helps analyze the potential of buyers & suppliers and the competitive scenario of the industry for strategy building.
- The study provides a comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the polymeric nanoparticles market growth.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Polymeric Nanoparticles market
- The outbreak of COVID-19 has increased the research studies for treating COVID-19 by nanoparticles. Since the pandemic has begun, the field of nanomedicine has been analyzing nanoparticles as a hopeful method to cure infected patients.
- The nanoparticles can be developed into smart means to transfer drugs to particular tissues while refraining the drug-related toxicity.
- A variety of nanomaterials, comprising polymeric nanoparticles, metallic nanoparticles, etc., are already utilized for virus detection.
- The choice of polymer-based nanoparticles provides drug stability with smart release characteristics while successfully transferring drugs straight to the targeted site
Key Market Segments
By End-use industry
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Polymeric Nanoparticles Market Report Highlights
By END-USE INDUSTRY
Key Market Players
CD Bioparticles, Creative PEGWorks, NanoSynthons LLC, Phosphorex, Inc., Nanorh, Exelead, Nanoshel, Biopharma PEG, Aphios Corporation, Nanovex Biotechnologies SL
The factors that drive the market growth include increase in application scope because of its superior properties, rise in demand from various industries, the government funding and support, and others. Polymeric nanoparticles are typically added in small quantities to improve the performance of the end-product. However, factors such as complex production process and high price of polymeric nanoparticles are projected to hamper the market growth.