Polyoxins are a group of nucleoside antibiotics composed of heterocyclic moieties containing nitrogen. This is an antibiotic substance that acts to inhibit the growth of phytopathogenic fungal cell wall chitin by competitively inhibiting chitin synthetase. It is manufactured via fermentation process and is very water soluble.
Its mode of action is highly specific that stops the growth of sensitive causal pathogens by interfering with fungal pathogens cell wall growth. This compound has no residual effects after degradation. Polyoxin B has both preventive & curative properties and used to protect pears, apples, melons, capsicums, tobacco, tomatoes, carrots, and roses. Whereas, polyoxin D is safe for mammals and is generally available as a zinc salt to enable better plant retention which is used for turf and parks.
There are several benefits associated with the use of polyoxin such as these are useful in disease control in the pre-harvest period, negligible risk to workers & consumers, low toxicity to human health, and minimal threat to the environment. The aforementioned factors drive the global polyoxin market. Whereas, it has minimal toxic effects to humans by oral, ocular, dermal, or inhalation exposure, which restrains the growth of global market in near future.
The global polyoxin market is segmented based on type, crop type, formulation, and geography.
On the basis of type, it is bifurcated into polyoxin B and polyoxin D. On the basis of crop type, it is categorized into food crops, flower crops, turf, parks, and others. On the basis of formulation, it is divided into wettable powder (WP), emulsifiable concentrate (EC), and dustable powder (DP). By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players, such as Jiangsu Fengyuan Bioengineering Co., Ltd., Beijing Green Agrosino Co., Ltd., Kaken Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Nufarm Limited, Arysta LifeScience, Certis, OHP Inc., Cleary Chemical Corp., Hanzhou Dayangchem Co. Ltd., and Shanxi Lvhai Agrochemicals are profiled in the report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics of the global polyoxin market.
- In-depth analysis of all regions is conducted by constructing the market estimations for key segments from 2017 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- The report assists to understand the strategies adopted by the companies for market expansion.
- Evaluation of the competitive landscape is provided to understand the market scenario across various regions.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Polyoxin Market Key Segments:
- Polyoxin B
- Polyoxin D
By Crop Type
- Polyoxin B by Crop Type
- Food Crops
- Flower Crops
- Polyoxin D by Crop Type
- Wettable Powder (WP)
- Emulsifiable Concentrate (EC)
- Dustable Powder (DP)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of LAMEA