A polypectomy is a method used to remove polyps from the colon, also called the large intestine. A polyp is an unusual collection of tissue. The procedure is comparatively noninvasive. There are various ways to perform a polypectomy. The way the doctor decides will depend on the type of polyps is in the colon. Polyps can be large, small, pedunculated, or sessile. Biopsy forceps can be used for the removal of small polyps(less than 5 millimeters in diameter), while for the removal of larger polyps (up to 2 centimeters in diameter) snare can be used.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
There has been an increase in the demand for medical supplies to take care of infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life-support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. There is an increase in the need for medical supplies, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures, owing to the rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the polypectomy forceps market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in incidences of colorectal cancer, changes in life style, rise in number of obesity cases, and surge in demand for minimally invasive procedure & advanced cancer treatment and procedures are the factors that drive the growth of the polypectomy forceps market.
- In addition, increase in healthcare expenditure; availability of skilled professionals; rise in R&D activities to develop and launch novel products in market; and technological advancements, are some factors, which boost the market growth for polypectomy forceps.
- However, serrated polyps removal is a challenge because they are difficult to visualize, a lack of knowledge for proper handling of the instrument as well as associated complications hinder the market growth.
- Contrarily, favorable reimbursement policies and support from the government for regulatory approval present new pathways in the industry.
Polypectomy Forceps Market Trends
New product launches to flourish the market
In 2019, Olympus announced the U.S. launch of the SnareMaster Plus hybrid hot/cold snare. The Olympus-designed and manufactured SnareMaster Plus enables Olympus to meet all procedural applications for polypectomy through its SnareMaster Spiral and SnareMaster portfolio, which includes the SnareMaster Soft.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the polypectomy forceps industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the polypectomy forceps market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the polypectomy forceps market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed polypectomy forceps market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the polypectomy forceps Report
- Which are the leading players active in the polypectomy forceps market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the polypectomy forceps market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the polypectomy forceps market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Polypectomy forceps"?
- What is "Polypectomy forceps” Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Polypectomy forceps” Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Polypectomy forceps” Market report?
Polypectomy Forceps Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
CONMED, Micro-Tech, MedGyn Products, Olympus, Boston Scientific, Cook Medical, Medtronic US, Medline, Medtronic US, CONMED, Endoscopy