Polyphosphoric Acid Market Outlook – 2027
Polyphosphoric Acid (PPA) is an inorganic chemical compound with sturdy hygroscopic properties. It is formed by heating and then evaporation phosphoric acid followed by the process of polycondensation. PPA is highly viscous, colorless, and odorless compound. At higher concentration polyphosphoric acid consists of a mixture of ortho, pyro, tri, tetra, and highly condensed phosphoric acid. During this reaction, phosphoric acid forms chains and removes H2O (water) molecules. In addition, it can be formed by adding phosphorus pentoxide to H2O (water) and then heating & condensing it to produce a finish product. It looks like glass at low temperatures and is in liquid form when heated to 51 to 61°C. Polyphosphoric acid absorbs easily, does not react with water, and is hydrolyzed into condensed phosphoric acid. In end use industries, polyphosphoric acid is widely used as reagent in the synthesis of amide acids, acetylation, cyclic olefins and ketones, amines and alkylation. Also, polyphosphoric acid works as a catalyst in bitumen to extend its performance.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the global polyphosphoric acid (PPA) market to a great extent.
- The impact of COVID-19 has been particularly felt in the Asian bitumen market. As countries closed borders and lockdowns, road construction work declined and came to a complete halt. However, polyphosphoric acid (PPA) has wide application in bitumen or asphalt. By this scenario, it is been anticipated that polyphosphoric acid (PPA) market has sluggish growth during COVID-19.
- As a result of the global economic slowdown caused by the pandemic the plastic, automotive, and chemical industry has witnessed massive slowdown. As polyphosphoric acid (PPA) has wide application in making of petrochemicals, plastics, and many other quality daily used items. So, with the shutdown of these industries the market has witnessed immense fall in the demand for polyphosphoric acid (PPA).
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
One of the major factors that drive the growth of the global polyphosphoric acid (PPA) market is the rapid increase in demand from highways, pharmaceutical, petroleum-based product such as (polyvinyl chloride material, plastic, asphalt) and material insulation. In past decade, large number of bridges, highways, real estate and commercial buildings gives a big pace to the usage of asphalt, which is one of the main applicants of polyphosphoric acid. The dehydration process plays a vital role in upstream operation in oil & gas sector. In upstream, during the exploration or production it requires a lot of dehydrating agents and mainly includes raw material polyphosphoric acid. Therefore, it is anticipated that the demand for dehydrating agent would increase; thereby, driving the demand for polyphosphoric acid (PPA). However, polyphosphoric acid (PPA) produce a number of harmful emissions that are expected to affect the environment. In addition, a strong legal framework is added with the use of bio-based products, which is expected to hamper the demand for polyphosphoric acid (PPA) in many industrial systems.
In terms of market share, Asia-Pacific has been dominating the globe in polyphosphoric acid (PPA) market in terms of revenue, due to the heavy demand for petrochemical, petrol-based product, asphalt/bitumen in construction, and high pace in construction of transportation infrastructure many more especially in India and China.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the polyphosphoric acid (PPA) market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global polyphosphoric acid (PPA) market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global polyphosphoric acid (PPA) market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global polyphosphoric acid (PPA) market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the polyphosphoric acid market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the polyphosphoric acid (PPA) market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Polyphosphoric Acid Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Henan Lushan County Yongxing Phosphate Co. Ltd., Arkema Group, Merck KGaA, SMC Global, Special Materials Company, Lanxess AG, Clariant AG, Lushan County Yongxing Phosphate Co. Ltd., Yunnan Tianyao Chemical Co. Ltd., Avanschem Pvt Ltd., Parasol Chemical Pvt. Ltd.