Polyvinyl butrayl (PVB) is a resin typically used in automotive applications that require strong binding, optical clarity, adhesion to many surfaces, toughness, and flexibility. PVB films possess high tensile strength, impact resistance, transparency & elasticity, which make it suitable in the manufacture of safety glass. These films attach firmly to glass so that even if the glass breaks, the glass adheres to the interlayer, and shattering of the glass is prevented. In addition, they are utilized as raw materials for laminated safety glass sheet. Moreover, PVB resins are embraced in wood coatings, wash primers, structural adhesives, inks/dry toners, and as binder for ceramics and composite fibers.
The global PVB films for automobiles market is witnessing rapid growth in recent years, owing to increase in utilization of PVB films in production of safety glasses in vehicles. These films are also utilized in other components of automobiles such as in windshields, rear & front view mirrors, windows, and dashboard displays. In addition, increase in application of these films in the automotive sector due to its properties such as heat & noise reduction, durability, and chemical stability supplement the market growth. Moreover, major car manufacturers such as Audi, BMW, and Daimler are rapidly incorporating PVB resins in their vehicles for windshields, rear view mirror, windows, and sunroofs, which fuels the adoption of PVB films. The ability of PVB-laminated structures to reduce heat and improve indoor air quality are other factors that propel the market growth. Increase in commercial use of PVB products by automobile manufacturers is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for market growth. However, easy bending property of PVB films limits the use of these films in some automotive applications, which in turn is expected to restrain the market growth during the forecast period.
The report segments the market on the basis of application and geography. Applications covered in the study include films & sheets, paints & coatings, adhesives, and others. Geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the key players in the global market include:
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Kuraray Co., Ltd.
- Sekisui Chemicals
- Chang Chun Petrochemicals Co., Ltd.
- Dulite PVB Film
- Anhui Wanwei Group Co., Ltd.
- Jiangxi Rongxin New Materials Co., Ltd.
- Huakai Plastic (Chongqing) Co. Ltd.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global marine diesel market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
PVB Films for Automobiles Market Key Segments:
- Films & Sheets
- Paints & Coatings
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA