Efficient trade activities promote economic growth of a country. Thus, sea ports play a crucial role in economic activities especially in the coastal areas. With the increase in throughput of passengers travelling via sea and goods transport every year, the need for appropriate and improved port infrastructure is required. This scenario is expected to generate the increase in demand for global port infrastructure market.
Increase in government investments on port infrastructures to ensure safe and efficient economic activities is expected to augment the global port infrastructure market. Moreover, development and need for shipment of export market for liquefied natural gas through sea transport is expected to contribute to the increase in demand for the market. Besides, many industries depend on sea shipments for importing or exporting goods across the world. This is further expected to boost up the demand for the market during the forecast period. However, issues such as high capital costs and maintenance are expected to act as potential restraints for the market.
The global port infrastructure market is segmented on the basis of product type, application, and geography. On the basis of product type, the market is classified into sea port, inland port, warm water port, dry port, and others (fishing port and cruise home port). Based on application, the market is bifurcated into passenger application and cargo application. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the market are Man Infraconstruction Ltd., Larsen & Toubro Ltd., Adani Ports and SEZ, The Great Eastern Shipping Company, IL&FS Engineering & Construction Company Ltd., Essar Ports Ltd., IQPC, Colas, APM Terminal, and Shipping Corporation of India.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global port infrastructure industry and current & future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Information about key drivers, restrains, and opportunities is provided.
- Porters Five Forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers operating in the industry.
- The quantitative analysis of the global port infrastructure market from 2017 to 2023 is provided to determine the market potential.
Port Infrastructure Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- Sea Port
- Warm water port
- Inland Port
- Dry Port
- Others (Fishing Port and Cruise Home Port)
- Passenger Application
- Cargo Application
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Market Players
- Adani Ports and SEZ
- APM Terminal
- Essar Ports Ltd
- IL&FS Engineering & Construction Company Ltd
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd
- Man Infraconstruction Ltd.
- Shipping Corporation of India
- The Great Eastern Shipping Company