Abrasive blasting is the operation of forcibly propelling a stream of abrasive material against a surface under high pressure to smooth a rough surface, roughen a smooth surface, shape a surface or remove surface contaminants. A pressurised fluid, typically compressed air, or a centrifugal wheel is used to propel the blasting material often called the media. The most abrasive processes are shot blasting which uses metal shots and sandblasting which uses sand media. Portable abrasive blasters are mobile, safe, high productivity abrasive blasting systems designed for use with a wide range of abrasive media. Portable abrasive blasters are designed to be mobile so that they can be used for various operations on the job site.Fully equipped blast systems are often found mounted on semi-tractor trailers, offering high mobility and easy transport from site to site. Others are hopper-fed types making them lightweight and more mobile. Mobile dry abrasive blast systems are typically powered by a diesel air compressor. The air compressor provides a large volume of high pressure air to a single or multiple blast pots. Blast pots are pressurized, tank-like containers that contain the abrasive material. In wet blasting, the abrasive is introduced into a pressurized stream of water or other liquid, creating a slurry. Wet blasting is often used in applications where the minimal dust generation is desired.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the global portable abrasive blasters industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of global portable abrasive blasters market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, Opportunities, Restraints and Impact Analysis
Increase in number of large-scale construction projects, government planned smart city projects and real estate development are some of the factors that are expected to drive the global portable abrasive blaster market. Portable abrasive blasters are extensively adopted in the manufacturing sector due to their design, which makes the operation easier due to the mobile nature of the machines. Abrasive blasting is especially important in the automotive industry and as such, the auto sector is one of the biggest consumers of portable abrasive blasting machines worldwide. One of the major factors hampering the growth of the portable abrasive blasters market is growing use of automation. Rising concerns about safety and health of workers while executing blasting operations in outdoor construction and maintenance fields is a challenge to the growth and demand for portable abrasive blasting machines. One opportunity for growth of the global portable abrasive blasting machines comes from the growth in the automotive manufacturing and auto service industry.
The global abrasive blasting machine market trends are as follows:
Growth in global Automotive Industry to help the market grow
The global Automotive Industry has been enjoying sustained growth and profits for a good few years now. The more mature automotive economies like Western Europe, Japan and the United States are expected to grow slowly but the continued penetration into new markets are expected to propel revenue. The auto sector in the emerging nations with increasing middle classes are forecast to grow at a much faster pace as consumers with higher disposable incomes will stimulate demand for motor vehicle. According to data of United Nations (U.N) more than 54% of global population is living in urban areas, which is generating employment opportunities and improving income level of individuals. Due to the aforementioned factors of growing population, urbanisation and increased standard of living of consumers around the world, creating opportunities for the global automotive market to expand. This in turn is aiding the growth of the global abrasive blasting market. The rising popularity of electronic vehicles is also a major factor behind growth of automotive industry. The implementation of portable abrasive blasting machines in the global automotive sector is wide and is vital to sheet metal work, fabrication, and other related operations. The automotive manufacturing segment is one of the largest consumers of portable abrasive blasters due to their application in painting of vehicles. In addition, portable abrasive blasters are used to give a smoother finish to vehicles and to remove burrs, so as to give it the desired texture. Thus with the growth of the automotive industry, the global portable abrasive blasting machine market is also expected to grow.
Surge in large scale construction projects
Public infrastructure expansion and maintence continue to grow. Private real estate development and individual residential construction are also going to continue growing as population and urbanization increases around the world. Schools, hospitals and other public interest facilities need to be built, expanded or updated. These myriad projects of varying scale and size will continue to aid the global abrasive blasting machine market as the usage of handy finishing tools go hand in hand with such infrastructure growth. The growth in the global construction market is driven by the US, China and India as the most important construction markets. The implementation of this device in the construction operations help to increase finishing quality. Thus with the growth of the global construction industry, the global abrasive blasting machine market is also expected to grow.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global abrasive blasting machine industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global abrasive blasting machine market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global abrasive blasting machine market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global abrasive blasting machine market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Portable Abrasive Blasters Market Report Highlights
By Feed Type
By Cabinet Material
By Industry verticals
Key Market Players
Clemco Industries Corp., W.W. Grainger, Inc., Sinto Group and Canfield & Joseph, Inc, Harbor Freight Tools, Graco Inc., Princess Auto Ltd., Surface Finishing Equipment Company, Empire Abrasive Equipment, General Engineering Company