Portable blood glucose sensors are meant to be carried in a pocket anywhere. These are used to examine the blood glucose levels in patients with diabetes mellitus. Portable blood glucose meters also called glucometers, analyze a small amount of blood from a fingertip. A lancet lightly pricks the skin to obtain the blood. Meters tell the current blood sugar.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
There has been an increase in the demand for medical supplies to take care of infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life-support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. There is an increase in the need for medical supplies, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures, owing to the rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the portable blood glucose sensor market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in number of diabetic patients, surge in geriatric populations, rise in adoption of continuous monitoring systems, and surge in demand for advanced treatment are the factors that drive the growth of the portable blood glucose sensor market.
- In addition, rise in awareness about diabetes, increase in healthcare expenditure; rise in R&D activities to develop and launch novel devices in market; and technological advancements, are some factors, which boost the market growth for portable blood glucose sensor.
- However, a lack of knowledge for proper handling of the device and high cost hinder the market growth.
- Contrarily, favorable reimbursement policies and support from the government present new pathways in the industry.
Portable Blood Glucose Sensor Market Trends
New product launches to flourish the market
In June 2018, BioTel Care TM introduced a next-generation wireless blood glucose meter for diabetes management. It is a cellular-enabled glucometer that helps real-time transmission and consolidation of patient data in an FDA-cleared cloud.
In June 2018, OK Biotech Co, Ltd. launched a new portable blood glucose meter model. It is a non-invasive glucose meter and a new compact glucose meter.
In August 2017, ARKRAY USA, Inc. declared the launch of the GLUCOCARD Shine XL blood glucose monitoring system. It offers an ergonomically designed meter to provide a secure grip while testing and displays the results on the large LED screen.
In January 2021, A Korean report declared that an Apple Watch blood sugar sensor will be included in the Series 7 device when it will be launched later this year.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the portable blood glucose sensor industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the portable blood glucose sensor market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the portable blood glucose sensor market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed portable blood glucose sensor market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the portable blood glucose sensor Report
- Which are the leading players active in the portable blood glucose sensor market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the portable blood glucose sensor market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Portable blood glucose sensor"?
- What is "Portable blood glucose sensor" Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Portable blood glucose sensor" Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Portable blood glucose sensor" Market report?
Portable Blood Glucose Sensor Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Siemens, Renesas Electronics, Tekscan, Philips, Abbott Laboratories, Sanofi, GE Healthcare, BD, Acon Laboratories, Bayer, Johnson and Johnson, Roche Diagnostics, Arkay