Electronic scanner, often known as document scanner, is a technique that allows users to scan hard copies of documents into a computer system and store them digitally. These technologies also allow users to enter metadata into the system and save the digital form of the document using storage technology. Microfilm, printers, copiers, facsimile machines, document scanners, multifunction printers, archive writers, and computer output microfilm are all examples of document imaging systems (COM). It can also be used as an enterprise content management system. As companies strove to disassociate themselves from reprographic and micrographic technologies, the content management technology phrase or document imaging was used in place of document image management. As businesses upgrade processes in quest of speed, growth, and agility, imaging remains a primary focus. Furthermore, increased efficiencies result in a competitive advantage as well as higher customer satisfaction.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- COVID-19 has caused major consumer electronics brands' global supply chains to be affected. China is the world's greatest consumer and producer of consumer electronics, but it also serves a diverse range of countries by exporting a variety of input supplies that are mostly employed in the production of completed goods.
- Several consumer electronics manufacturers in the U.S. and Europe have been compelled to temporarily halt production of finished goods due to shutdown in China. The supply and demand mismatch has widened as a result of this.
- Manufacturers now have the chance to advertise their products on an online platform thanks to pandemic. Moreover, as people are locked at home, they turn to internet shopping to buy things, which might help the portable document scanner industry.
Top Impacting Factors
- Distributed scanning is likely to expand in popularity in the next years because it offers various advantages to businesses, including lower unit costs and reduced time and money spent moving documents to a central location. Furthermore, the risks of losing or corrupting documents are lessened, and digitized data is made available to consumers much more quickly.
- The adoption of compliance measures and the need to reduce expenses, which has led to increased investment in enhancing document processing, are two key reasons driving the growth of the document imaging scanner market. Resellers can make a lot of money selling document imaging solutions, especially if they are sold as a standalone solution.
- Document imaging solutions are viewed as part of a bigger infrastructure strategy in order to be more successful. Other client functions, such as document storage, security, and market analytics, are supported by this system.
- The growing need for network scanners is also propelling the document imaging scanner market forward. Data gathered with document imaging technologies would become a significant aspect of company analytics. Whether the text is translated by optical character recognition or just an image, scanned documents are employed in big data analytics.
New technology and applications launches to flourish the market
As part of image capture, the cloud is rapidly becoming an important and versatile extension for businesses, allowing for greater data storage and faster operations. As part of the workflow, the picture capture would be heavily used for storing and sharing business-critical documents and photographs. Furthermore, common standards such as TWAIN and HTML5 are supported by document imaging systems, making it easy to share captured images across applications and contexts. To strengthen their market position, the players in this industry are concentrating on producing new products.
Newgen Software, Inc. released OmniScan 3.0, the most recent version of its scanning software application, in February 2014. The updated version had connectors that allowed users to scan documents and send them directly to SAP or SharePoint. OmniScan 3.0 also included powerful document quality analysis and picture correction features.
A key market trend is expected to grow demand for data recovery
Document scanners are gaining popularity in a variety of end-user sectors because they allow for data recovery in the event of natural disasters such as floods and fires, as well as man-made calamities. Organizations are choosing e-vaulting systems because they can protect scanned records or copies electronically. Scanned documents can also be saved to cloud storage or hard discs. As a result of the advantages of keeping scanned copies, document scanners have become more popular, and the market is likely to grow during the forecast period.
Paper documents are also vulnerable to natural and man-made calamities like floods and fires, making hard copy document protection much more challenging. Scanned documents, on the other hand, can be stored on hard drives or in the cloud and protected electronically using e-vaulting software. As a result, data recovery is substantially easier in the event of a disaster. The market for document scanners is anticipated to be driven by such advantages.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the portable document scanner industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the portable document scanner market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the portable document scanner market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed portable document scanner market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Report
- Which are the leading players active in the portable document scanner market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Portable Document Scanner" Market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "Portable Document Scanner" Market?
Portable Document Scanner Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Plustek, HP, Panasonic, Xerox, Kodak, Canon, Fujitsu, Brother, Epson, Avision