Portable gas detection equipment is used to detect the hazards created by gases such as toxic gases, oxygen deficiency, combustible gases and vapors which cannot be detected by the human senses. Portable gas detector is equipped with special types of sensors including electrochemical sensors, photoionization, catalytic bead, infrared, holographic and ultrasonic sensors are used to detect changes in the environment. Portable gas detection equipment offers benefits such as detection with larger area covered, rapid responses to change and indicates the level of hazard. Further, advancement by adoption of Industrial-Internet of Things technology, cloud-based computing in the construction and mining industry and increase in the e-commerce industry are influencing the portable gas detector market growth.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- Gas sensors structure a significant piece of the oil and gas industry. These sensors are utilized to recognize harmful/burnable gases in the exploration, enhanced oil recovery (EOR), well boring, well completion, pigging, deep oil drilling, and refining. recently, oil costs have changed to an extraordinary failure, which has brought about numerous exploration and productions (E&P) and refining organizations to cut capital use and furthermore reduce the production. Due to the COVID pandemic, various organizations have delayed or dropped their request for gas sensors, thus resulting in a decrease in the demand for gas sensor.
- Since the oil and gas industry has witnessed a slowdown due to COVID-19, being the major application of gas sensors in this industry is expected to hamper the portable gas detector market.
- During the pandemic, the medical industry, metal & chemical industry, mining industry, consumer electronics industry, and others were temporarily on halt, which has resulted in less consumption of gas sensors in these industries, which in turn has an adverse impact on the portable gas detector market.
Top Impacting Factors
Critical industries including oil & gas, chemical, mining, and power use gas sensors to detect and monitor the presence of combustible and toxic gases. Gases such as carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, ammonia, hydrogen sulfide, and hydrocarbons are released into the atmosphere by these industries. Emissions of these gases in the air can have an adverse effect on human health. Moreover, some explosive gases such as methane, propane, and butane might be released by these industries, which can lead to fire accidents. Regulatory bodies are implementing various regulations to safeguard the ecosystem from these gases. This acts as the driving factor for the market by increasing the demand for gas sensors. The high cost and maintenance of gas sensors are some of the restraining factors restricting market growth. Opportunity lies in the emerging demand for gas sensors from the consumer electronic sectors due to the increased number of gas sensors in smartphones and other devices for keeping a track of environmental or atmospheric air quality, the demand for gas sensors is likely to increase in this sector.
- In August 2020, Sensirion AG developed the new SGP40 VOC sensor for indoor air quality applications, for example, robotized air quality control frameworks (air purifiers, kitchen hoods, request controlled ventilation frameworks, and others) and air quality observing.
- In May 2019, MSA Safety Inc. acquired the Sierra Monitor Corporation, the main supplier of fixed gas and fire recognition (FGFD) instruments and Industrial Internet of Things (I-IoT) arrangements.
- In January 2019, Amphenol acquired SSI Controls Technologies—the sensor producing division of SSI Technologies, Inc. SSI Control Technologies is a leading designer and producer of sensors and detecting solutions for the automotive business sectors. This acquisition will increase the Amphenol’s product portfolio in the sensor business.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the portable gas detector industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the portable gas detector market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the portable gas detector market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed portable gas detector market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Portable Gas Detector Market Report Highlights
By Sensor type
Key Market Players
Mine Safety Appliances Company., Drager AG and Co., Honeywell International Inc, Industrial Scientific Corporation, BW Technologies Ltd.,, Siemens AG, Sierra Monitor Corporation, International and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.,, Bacharach Inc, GE Measurement and Control Solutions, RAE Systems Inc., Airtest Technologies Inc.