An engine-generator is the combination of an electrical generator and an engine mounted together to form a single piece of equipment. This combination is also called an engine-generator set or a gen-set. In various concepts the engine is taken for granted and the combined unit is simply called a generator. An engine generator maybe a fixed installation, part of a vehicle or made small enough to be portable. Many engine generators use reciprocating engines, which could be a steam engine, such as coal-powered fossil-fuel power plants use some engine- generators use a turbine as the engine. Portable generators, which are also often known as engine generators and, as the name indicate, are generators driven by an engine. The portable generators consist of an engine that is the primary mover, and an electrical generator mounted together to form a single electrical unit with various parts assembled. The key feature of these generators is that they need not be fixed in one place and can be moved anywhere as per the requirement and when it is needed. It can be started manually and is mainly used to provide electricity during power outages or when electricity is required temporarily while camping and other recreation activities.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
COVID-19 has slowed the growth of the portable generator market, as countries were forced to implement lockdowns during the first half of 2020. Strict guidelines were issued by governments and local authorities, and all non-essential operations were halted. This adversely affected the portable generator market owing to the suspension of activities of end users. In addition, production and supply chain delays were also witnessed during the second quarter which poised a challenge to the portable generator market, since end-user industries were still not operating at their full capacity.
Top Impacting Factors
Escalating need for portable power has driven the world towards adopting devices that can generate electricity at the user’s convenience. In terms of sales more units of gasoline portable inverter generators are expected to be sold during the forecast period. With the ever-changing demands of individual consumers on power usage and growing proliferation of electronic devices, portable inverter generators are finding new course of action for utility. As the global power grid continues to aim for sustainability, electricity outages continue to cost a loss worth millions of dollars. Developed countries are witnessing a growing abuse of the available power, while developing countries are struggling to lower the challenges in their electricity distribution network, which as created disparity in global power distribution network and apparently increased the demand for portable inverter generators.
- Consumers, especially home owners around the globe are buying portable inverter generators to enable themselves with an absolute power source for moving around a fixed physical space such as living room, cafeteria or garden.
- Increasing incidents of power outages has also boomed the demand for portable inverter generators.
- With power grids in developed countries experiencing a standstill due to circuit failures, companies and individuals are going through huge losses.
- Everyday power supply still remains to be challenge in underdeveloped parts of the world and these countries are turning out to be the strongest consumer base for portable inverter generators.
- Places where fuels such as diesel and gasoline are easily available, while the access to proper electricity remains budding.
- Manufacturers of portable inverter generators are actively focusing on tapping such markets for catering to the power of needs of the consumers.
- The key downside towards the growing adoption of portable inverter generators is the use of fossil fuels in generation of raw materials.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the portable inverter generators industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the portable inverter generators market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the portable inverter generators market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed portable inverter generators market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Portable inverter generators Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Siemens, Himoinsa, Champion, Atlas Copco, Caterpillar, Duromax, others., Wacker Neuson,, Yamaha, Kubota,, Kohler, Honeywell, Cummins, Briggs & Stratton, Eaton, Generac, Loncin, Honda