Post tensioning is a technique used to reinforce concrete. Post-tensioning systems has tendons, which are steel cables inside plastic ducts or sleeves. This system is positioned before the concrete is placed. Once the concrete has hardened, but before the service loads are applied, the cables are pulled tight and anchored against the outer edges of the concrete.
This allows the concrete to sustain higher compressive load and resist the effects of shrinking. A post-tensioning system has been used in the construction of buildings, bridge, and in energy & power industry.
The growth in the construction industry with their challenging designs is the key driver for the market. Furthermore, the safety regulations that govern the construction industry have fueled the use of post-tensioning systems. However, the high costs of post-tensioning systems have hindered the growth of the market. Development of high strength and stiffness post-tensioning systems has led to new opportunities for the market growth.
The post-tensioning system market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and geography. By type the market is bifurcated into unbonded and bonded. By application the market is divided into buildings, bridge, energy & power industry, and others. By geography it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the major players analyzed in this report are VSL International Ltd., Freyssinet, DYWIDAG-Systems International, Suncoast Post-Tension, SRG Limited, BBV Systems GmbH, Amsysco, Inc., TMG Global Pte Ltd, Tendon Systems LLC, and Liuzhou OVM Machinery Co., Ltd.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments helps understand various products of the market.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Post-Tensioning System Market Key Segments:
- Energy & Power Industry
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA