Potable Water Tank Coatings Market Outlook – 2028
The water used for drinking is known as potable water. Potable water tank is used to store drinking water. These tanks are coated to protect it from external harmful emissions, corrosion, and to provide excellent adhesion, makes water cold, & offers water permeability. The coating is solvent based or solvent free, and rusting tolerant coating mainly made by epoxy resins. The fluid used in potable water tank coating is known as epoxy primer. The epoxy primer is light in color and is 50 times stronger than ordinary metal, concrete, or tank primer. Coating provides hygiene to water, and regulates the temperature of tank and works as best resistor for chemicals.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has severely affected the potable water tank coatings market.
- Potable water tank coating is a sub part of the construction industry, as a result of the global economic slowdown caused by the pandemic, the applications in the construction industry have been disrupted. However, there is huge decline in the potable water tank coating market.
- The supply chain is also adversely affected due to the pandemic. All manufacturing industries as well as the end-user industries consuming epoxy coating have halted their production due to COVID-19. The production suffered due to supply chain disruptions; thereby, declining the demand from these industries.
- Governments are also focusing toward hygiene and safety. The U.S. is providing coating to all their potable water tanks. Hence, COVID provided new growth opportunities to the U.S. potable tank coating market.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
One of the major factors that drive the growth of the potable water tank coatings market is the high pace in urbanization. Potable water tank coating provides corrosion and wear & tear protection. The epoxy primer is used in the potable water tank coating. The growing real estate sector is the main factor that fuels the growth of the potable water tank coatings market. Additionally, epoxy coating is used in manufacturing plants, garages, warehouses, and hospitals. Moreover, government is also promoting the potable water coating as it is chemical resistant and protect the tank from harmful emission and keep the drinking water safe & hygienic. Additionally, this market is governed by strict regulations as it could impact the health of large number of populations. Some certifications are required for companies to sell potable water tank coatings with standard quality. However, the volatile prices of the raw materials in some countries might act as a restraining factor for the market growth.
North America accounts for the major share of the global potable water tank coating market due to high demand of these coatings in government projects and residential projects in the U.S. The market in the Asia-Pacific region is also expected to grow at a significant pace due to increase in urbanization and growth in real estate sector across the region.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global potable water tank coatings market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global potable water tank coatings market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global potable water tank coatings market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global potable water tank coatings market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the potable water tank coatings market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the potable water tank coatings market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Potable Water Tank Coatings Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
KCC, Sherwin-Williams, Akzo Nobel N.V., Induron Coating Inc, Hempel A/S, Jotun, RPM International, BASF, PPG Industries, Chemco International Ltd., International-marine., Chugoku Marine Paints